VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday, 1/7/2020

ShirlAus
on 1/7/20 1:40 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Hump Day here already - sheesh this week is simply flying....... I have nearly gotten to bottom of the work emails and my inbox is slowly getting there. I think I will have it under control by the end of this week - fingers crossed

Late one last night - bed around 1am. Went over to DSS house - took a beef stew I had made. Went with his partner to take our Grandson for his 4 mth injections. He was such a good boy. We are babysitting our elder grandson on Friday as they have a family wedding on her side. Should be nice. Hoping he can stay overnight with us but we shall see

Tonight we have our neighbours coming over for pizza as its the last night before the removalists come on Thursday. I am already feeling very emotional and have shed a tear or two. I will miss them all dearly. The girls look to me as a nanna and I will miss them bouncing up the driveway yelling Hello Shirley - we have come to visit you ! Thankfully I am going with DH next month to QLD and we will be able to visit them on Islas 5th Birthday. Shes was super excited when we told her a couple of days ago. Our new neighbours move in Friday so I look forward to meeting them. Change is often hard when you are a creature of comfort like I am

All still safe around the farm. Every time the Emergency App beeps I stop to look. Friday will be another extreme threat day with high temps and winds. Its harder being down at the city house but we needed to come back so DH could travel into the city for work. My DSS and his partner have gone thru all their stuff and are dropping boxes of donations to a collection centre today to be given to the fire victims who have lost everything. I was touched to see when we arrived last night - she was bundling up bags of baby clothes (things they have doubles of etc) We Aussies certainly pull together in time of trial. DH and I are making a financial contribution later this week to help.

Loving reading all your news and comings and goings. Special thoughts to you Liz as you continue with all the preparations. Its a time that seems to be one big blur as you step through the motions. I am pleased to read your BIL is helping you

Well I had best keep on working. My DS has just headed over to my mums with a Cool Bag containing Packets of Mince and Sausages from our farm. Should keep her going for a little while. I must get some meals made for her over the course of this week too. I need another 12 hours a day but would likely only fill them

Love to you all as always

S

ShirlAus
on 1/7/20 2:32 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Wahooo - In times of challenge one draws on what resources they have available

I have a contact whom I have been collecting boxes from over the years and I pass them out to family and friends when needed to assist with moving etc. He imports chemicals - one of which the wildlife carers are screaming out for to assist in the care of our beloved native animals. I have contacted him this morning and asked if he would bend the rules and allow me to purchase some of his disinfection product to donate to the carers and he said yes :) He has already donated a lot himself :)

So after work I am going down to buy 10 x bottles on behalf of my mum and our family and will take them to the carers facility. They will then be distributed to the various carers across Victoria

Its good to feel like Im doing something to help our little furry friends :)

CC C.
on 1/7/20 4:01 pm

That's wonderful!!

ShirlAus
on 1/7/20 4:31 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

It feels good to be able to help :)

DiamondD
on 1/7/20 3:40 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It is only January 7th and this morning I had to wear mismatched gloves, one grey and one black. This is how it's going so far .... aside from already losing a glove from 2 different pairs, things are starting to untangle themselves a bit. Steroids are kicking in and I may be feeling a bit silly.

CC C.
on 1/7/20 4:02 pm

But you had the foresight to lose the opposite one from each set!

ShirlAus
on 1/7/20 4:33 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

He he he

They are over there - right beside the place that all the "misplaced" socks go

:)