VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 09/23/2020, Hump D...

09/23/2020, Hump Day

CC C.
on 9/23/20 11:28 am

Oh the airport! They always think I'm smuggling something strapped to my upper arms because the computer doesn't think arms can be shaped like mine. Damn skin.

She was really nice about the cuff (wasn't shaming or anything. The embarrassment was all my own). They have a fancy computerized bp machine that takes your measurements 3 times and averages it. But mine came back with that one at 140 something over 93. She said she wanted to take it again manually with the "big cuff" because if your arm doesn't fit well in the otherM the readings can be high. Sure enough, totally normal with the big cuff. Argh. Now I know to ask for it.

DiamondD
on 9/23/20 11:48 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Exactly what happens to me with the machine and normal sized cuff.

ShirlAus
on 9/23/20 4:20 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Up earlier & waiting for pain relief to kick in.... ok sleep

DH redressed my hand last night - its bruising a treat but from what I could see no infection - Im on huge doses of antibotics so that should sort it

Going to try and work for a few hours as its piling up n next week will be dreadful. My mum is going to come over for a cuppa this afternoon - will be good for her to get out of the house for a bit. Our cases are 12 today with 2 deaths for the whole of Victoria - we are all waiting to see if the premier announces any early changes to this lockdown. All very weary with the restrictions.

Not a lot to report - frustrated with having to pretty much rely on DH for everything. Im used to being very independant ....

Diane O - Happy 1st anniversary x Hope you have a lovely dinner and safe return to your campsite

BB - I hear you x Its hard to continually adjust to the restrictions and it gets you down. Hugs

Cec - Oh my gosh! Im glad you went and got it checked out straight away. As you and I both know a PE isnt something to be ignored. Crossing fingers for good news x

Liz - Sounds like your winter plans are panning out nicely :) Love hearing about them

Last but not least DD - Huge congratulations on finishing your radiation. Crossing fingers that the next stage of treatment agrees with you. You have tackled this with such grace xxx

Love to all who follow - this one finger typist is off to try and get some work done

S

XX

DiamondD
on 9/23/20 6:28 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Make sure you give yourself time to heal, Shirl. Or we'll have to come over or down under as it were, to persuade you in person, and then you'll be stuck with one of us for the rest of lockdown.

CC C.
on 9/23/20 6:43 pm

Guessing it wasn't a PE as the doctor hasn't called and the pain is much less today. So that's good!

DiamondD
on 9/23/20 6:52 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Good news! So glad you went to the doctor to be sure.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/24/20 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That's a relief!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!