Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Life style changes

Sepster
on 10/30/18 6:24 am
VSG on 09/11/17 with

I am having a difficult time learning what to eat that I can stomach and it fits my new lifestyle that I'm supposed to have!

I am one year post op and am past the weight loss goal my surgeon had for me, but not at goal that I want to be which is 10 lbs lighter than I am now!

But, I was 6 lbs lighter a month ago and I'm having a hard time knowing what I can eat that would satisfy my food cravings. How do I stop having cravings? What do I eat that I can stomach? I don't like meat which has caused a serious problem for me. I can only eat chicken and fish in small quantities but by forcing myself and I can only have a little bit before I can't stomach it anymore, but I'm left hungry and needing to still eat something!

I stay away from rice, pasta, bread, sugar. I do sometimes eat something that has sugar in it, but it's only occasionally! I really hope I don't have to be miserable for the rest of my life. I did misery well by my own without surgery!

What do I eat that I can sustain? I can always deprive myself but that wasn't the goal of having surgery. That was dieting I did all my life and failed at maintaining.

I have to eat food that I can continue to eat for the rest of my life! Eating small portions isn't helping with my maintenance, and I am usually hungry and don't know what to eat that would fill me so I won't be hungry an hour later!

Right or wrong, I've relied on protein bars to fill the void of food and I'm sick of them too. I don't know what I can eat that I can actually stomach. I can't handle zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice. The best I can do with cauliflower is plain cheese pizza. I have found pizza with chicken crust and I can't stomach that either. It's too filling for me. I eat a little, I'm full, and then I'm hungry in an hour! That's what is happening with almost all foods I eat!

All I know is that I need to do something to maintain my weight and I am having a difficult time finding palatable foods that I can actually eat!

I would appreciate if anyone with my struggles who has found what to eat so they can sustain their weightloss to share their experience.

Thank you