Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Recent Posts

Twennyoh
on 2/25/11 11:04 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: RE: needing info
Vivian,

Thanks and I will take your advice on PS, I do plan on having a total body lift but in the process of research on finding the right one for me I have met with a few but they did not have enough experience to deal with SWL patients.... so I am talking with people on the PS site on OH to get more info.
As for the shape wear I am covered LOL at least now I am ..... could not help myself...... I did find a solution what I am going to wear when I swim or go the the beach..... bike shorts with a bathing suit top and to cover it my sister and I came up with a see through mesh top that is like a rash guard swim shirt but less expensive..... were going to sew them and try it out with friends and family first...... Thanks for replying to me I really appreciate it.

Hugs, Lisa

Vivian Prouty
on 2/25/11 10:11 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: needing info
 Hi Lisa,

Sorry I didn't see this till now.   I know for myself I wear shapewear.   There are all different types to tackle your "problem areas".   Sometimes even after you have had plastic surgery due to massive weight loss you still have lots of excess skin.   I know Kohls, Sears and many other department stores have some really great shapewear.   You can also shop at Ross and find some there too.   My advice to you is go out and try different shapewears on.    Lisa as far as the arms go...not everyone ( even thin people ) have perfect bodies.    They do make swim suits with built in panels that hold some of the excess skin in.   I know before I had my LBL I had to have a swim suit with shorts attached.  My stomach hung almost to my knees.   UGH....so glad that is gone but I still have major issues.   Make sure when you decide on a PS to do your body lift that you chose one that is VERY experienced with PS on WLS patients.    I know myself I am NOT pleased with my PS that I chose work.   He was much too conservative in his skin removal.    Good luck to you and I hope that my remarks on the subject help you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Twennyoh
on 2/19/11 7:48 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: needing info
Well as we all know with weight loss come angel wings and well lets just say saggy baggy legs.... now the tummy I can hide but what do you guys use to conceal these areas ? I want to go swimming but  I am really having a hard time with wanting to even put on a swim suit..... I am going to have a body lift but I have to wait atleast another year.... so please any ideas  would help.... Summer is comming and I really want to enjoy it and not be dressed in long sleaves and pants... I really want to swim too.
 Thanks Lisa

PhoenixMedusa
on 1/22/11 10:16 pm - Rochester, NY
Topic: RE: I finally made it!!!
My husband got in the car and said "are you getting shorter" because the seat was pulled up further.  I had to laugh...no honey I am getting smaller. 
 Do not let the judgments of others affect your life, steal your joy or take your dreams away.   Turn to the future with a smile and leave those who cling to the past where they belong...in the past. ~ Laurence "Rauncie" Ryan

Dwanny
on 11/4/10 6:54 am - Springtown, TX
Thank you for the invitation, Phyllis, but Springtown is northwest of Ft Worth. Around Azle, Lake Worth, Weatherford...

The only good cat is a sleeping cat...>^--^< zzzzzzz

Phyllis M.
on 11/4/10 2:44 am - Irving, TX
Dwanny - Is Springtown over my mesquite /garland area?

If so - you could drive to Irving and meet me and then we could go together -  Ive been there a couple of times.....  469-417-0154 - here is my number.
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Dwanny
on 10/30/10 3:09 pm, edited 10/30/10 3:11 pm - Springtown, TX
Re getting to Keller from S'town...I am terrified of those really high overpasses. Are there any of those between point A & B?
I've had panic attacks due to those.
I avoid them at all costs.
How can I change my signature? Anyone know?
I want to change my balloon ticker for another one.

Vivian Prouty
on 10/27/10 7:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Congratulation's Sue !!!!  That is awesome news !!!!  You are so welcome about the phone call.   Springtown is quite a way from Keller.   To get to Keller you would go down 1-820 E. and take the Denton Hwy ( 377 exit ) North.    It is about maybe 4 to 5 miles to Keller from there.   If you can come please send me a personal PM through OH or call me and I will give you directions.    It is not hard to find at all.   We would love to have you join us.    November's meeting will be Nov. 14th due to the OH Conference ending on the 7th.    I will be coming home that day and probably wouldn't make it back in time to have the meeting that day.  Just let me know when you decide if you can come.  I enjoyed talking to you the other night too.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Dwanny
on 10/24/10 6:51 am - Springtown, TX
Topic: I finally made it!!!

Hi Vivian,
I finally got here.
I went to see Dr. Green on Friday and I have lost a grand total of 47 lbs!!!!!! since surgery. (8/19)
I enjoyed our talk the other day. Thank you for calling.
There's finally space between me and the steering wheel, so I have to learn how to drive again!
I'm going to look up how to get to Keller from Springtown...maybe I can join you next month.
Thanks again,
Sue

Vivian Prouty
on 9/7/10 1:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: HELP!!!
 Hello,

I am SO SORRY that I just now am seeing this.   My support group meeting last month was canceled due to the fact that i had intestional hernia surgery the week before my meeting.   Hon.....i am sure you were told the drill....no drinking carbonated drinks....no drinking 30 minutes before and after your meals.    You also are probably aware of what you should and should not be eating.   I am NOT going to lecture you.   Trust me....we are all human and food addicts or we would NOT have had WLS in the first place.    It is not too late to get back on track and start over.   I am going to tell you to go to the 5daypouchtest.com and try that for 5 days to decarb your diet.   Also if you can get all the "target red light foods" out of your house.    Measure your protions and make sure you are not eating too much.    Also remember protein first....then the veggies and fruit.   Stay away from chips, crackers, bread, any snacky type foods and soft drinks.   Now not knowing you nor what you are doing wrong it is very hard to help you out.   If you don't attend a support group for WLS patients.   PLEASE find one and get active in one.    That has  helped me ( and trust me I am NOT perfect either ),   If I can help you further please PM me here on OH.    I wish you well and never give up !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~~ Vivian