Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Recent Posts

psworker
on 7/1/13 2:30 am
Topic: New to the group, trying to head off a gain at the pass

Hi- I am just over 3 years out, have recently regained over 20 lbs. (Long, cold, inactive winter). I am frustrated that my nice size 10s do not fit, and find I am wearing the same "stretchy pants" to work every day. To make this all a little more distressing, I have been in two tv ads for my surgeons practice, so everyone in my small city expects me to look exactly like I do in the commercials! Other facts: I am 57, married 36 years, have arthritis and degenerative spine so taking pain meds that tend to increase appetite and weight. Working hard now with a massage therapist to cut back on meds, getting out and walking or biking. My goal is daily, but even 3-4 times a week is better than nothing! Looking forward to being part of this group, and getting back to my local support group monthly as well. Jenny

Vivian Prouty
on 4/30/13 10:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Lap band failure thinking of bypass

Lexy I'm so sorry that you've had those issues with your lapband.    I had RNY going on 8 yrs. ago.    You can contact me at anytime if you have questions to be answered.    I would love to help ease your mind.    Is there are particular reason why she doesn't want you to have VSG?   Just wondering that one.    I look forward to hearing back from you.     If you want to send this to my personal email address it is [email protected].    Put something about LOSE IT 4 LIFE in subject line other wise I might delete it accidently.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

sthepworth
on 3/6/13 7:50 am
Topic: Weight climbing-when do I panic?

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to the group. I had GB 11/7/11. My high weight was 275. In January of this year I weighed 130lb- it was actually a little too scrawny for my frame and my cheeks looked hallowed out and kind of sickly. My problem(?) is that I have started to steadily gain weight, which, at first, was great. After all, you can only steadily lose for so long anyway-right? Well, over the last two months I have gained 10 lbs, and I'm honestly starting to panic. I'm fairly careful with what I eat, and take my vitamins regularly. I'm worried that my pouch is stretching too much and I'm wondering if I went on a liquid/yogurt-only diet for 2 days if that would help shrink it back down. Anyone else had to deal with this?

vbaum
on 3/4/13 10:40 am
Topic: Sleeved 4 weeks ago and weight has stalledhttp://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/co

I got my beautiful sleeve (revision from the lap band) on Feb 8th. I have lost a total of 27lbs and I am stalled. I was hoping for some insight into what you all eat as you shrink!!!  I would love all input and will read all the responses!!! So what do you eat during the day to get that weight loss going? I am on mushy foods. I am eating soups, scrambled eggs, baked potatos and small sweet potato pattis also mashed alvocado, and lots of water. That is just a sample of some of the stuff I am able to eat so far. 

Vickie

rows4u
on 2/20/13 1:00 pm
Revision on 03/11/13
Topic: New to the group and having a revision from the sleeve to bypass March 11th!!

Hi there everyone. Thank you so much for allowing me to join your group. I'm having a revision surgery completed on March 11th and soooooo need the support of people that understand what it means to be going through something like this! I'm one of those people that need a good shove before trying to take off on my own. I live in North Fort Worth by the Academy on North Tarrant and would love to join anyone in the area in a walk group, exercise group, etc. I'm a special education teacher for EMS isd and don't get home until about 4:30 on the weekdays! looking forward to attending the next meeting!

Vivian Prouty
on 11/27/12 1:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Has anyone had the RNY

Hi Channing,

I am SO sorry I didn't see your message till now.   I am Vivian the SG leader.   I had gastric bypass over 7 yrs. ago.    I would love to be your pen pal and support your decision to have WLS and answer some questions for you if i could.   I will also email you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

channing28270
on 11/5/12 8:37 am - Matthews, NC
Topic: Has anyone had the RNY

I had a  RNY Gastric Bypass on July 24, 2012 I have some questions my questions are:

1. I am wondering Who in this group has had a RNY Gastric Bypass Done I have a lot of Questions about Gastric Bypass and would like to talk to someone that has had a Gastric Bypass?
  2. I am wondering if you can also be my email pen pal because I am looking for email pen pals that will accept short letters with questions like for example: Do you have any pets? Do you like music? What type of music do you like?

If you know the answers please email me at the emails below:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Channing

Vivian Prouty
on 4/30/12 2:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: New
 Welcome Deonna,

We are about 3 1/2 hours from Austin.   If you are wanting to attend a Obesity Help Support Group in that area....let me suggest Round Rock Rox to you.    I personally know the leaders of that group and they are AWESOME people.    Here is Jennifer's phone number so you can contact her and let her know you are interested in attending their meetings when you move there.     They do NOT have a stable location ( they move to several different places ).    I wish you luck with your upcoming WLS.   Contact me anytime.    Good luck to you.   Jennifer Scott's number ( tell her I sent you ) 512-496-4404.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian Prouty ( LOSE IT 4 LIFE SUPPORT GROUP LEADER )

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/12 1:19 am - Abilene, TX
Topic: New
  Hello Everyone! My name is Deonna. I live in Abilene. I am currently pre-op and I am hoping to have my surgery in August or September. I wanted to join this group because in April 2013, we are moving to Austin where we have family! So thank you, and hope to meet everyone soon.   
frenchgrapes
on 2/12/12 10:20 pm - TX
Topic: October 2012 Conference in Atlanta
Looked at the information available for the October 2012 Conference in Atlanta.  The exact location of the conference is not yet posted but the dates of the conference are Friday, October 5th, and Saturday, October 6th..  The meet and greet is Friday evening.

Vivian, we talked about a group of us taking a road trip to Atlanta.  Atlanta, Georgia is an approximate 14 hour drive from Keller.  With two or three hours figured in for stops to eat, potty breaks, stretching, maybe stopping to see something special, we're looking at about 17 hours on the road.  If we go on a road trip to Atlanta, do we want to try and leave very early on Thursday morning to get into Atlanta by midnight on Thursday night, sleep in on Friday morning, then maybe have some time to look around Atlanta before we go to the meet and greet and get started on the conference?  Or, do we want to look into maybe staying Thursday night somewhere between Keller and Atlanta and finish the drive into Atlanta on Friday morning?

Then, there is the trip back.  :)

We could get airfare to Atlanta for about $200 round trip, each, approx. two-hour non-stop flight, on Spirit airlines out of DFW Airport.  With a little shopping, might find something better.  May need to pay for cab rides in Atlanta too if we go without a car.

Good thing we have some time to shop and compare and make plans.

Also, do you have a code to use when registering for the conference.  The conference itself is $75 but the order area says to ask the OH group leader for the code for a discount.

CW 278 SW 260 GW 140