Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Recent Posts

MugsyMann
on 3/18/10 12:45 am - Keller, TX
Topic: RE: Greetings!
Hi Emanuel!  I am having my surgery on May 3 at Baylor in Grapevine!  And the closer it gets the more excited (yet nervous) I get.  Glad that you're doing well!  Keep us posted!
EABellgardt
on 10/14/09 3:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: Greetings!
My name is Emanuel, I live in Southwest Fort Worth and I am 9 days out of RNY surgery and doing well.  I had my surgery at Baylor in Dallas.

Just wanted to say "hey" and see how you all are doing...

www.obesityhelp.com/member/eabellgardt

Vivian Prouty
on 7/26/09 1:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Pre-op Liquid diet
Wendi....when you recover from your WLS....please think about coming to my support group.   We meet at Starbucks by NE Mall in Hurst.   We meet the first sunday of each month from 3:30 - 4:30.    Good luck and you could be getting the nervous jitters....but don't.....you will be fine !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

wendiwoo
on 7/26/09 9:50 am
 I do live in the DFW area. We are in the Mid Cities area. I feel much better today. I think trying to steam clean my carpets with no food in my stomach was not a good idea.  I only have 2 more days! I am so excited. Thank you for the reply.
Vivian Prouty
on 7/26/09 8:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Wendi,

Welcome to my support group.   Do you live in the DFW area???   Anyway to your question.....your blood sugar could be bottoming out and that could be the reason for the dizzy spells.   You need to call your surgeon's office and let them know you are having this problem.   I know I had that problem for a short period of time and it was due to me not putting anything in my stomach early in the AM.    You may want to go to the Lap Band or Realize Band Message board on OH and ask this question to the banders.   I personally had RNY !!!   I look forward to getting to know you better and keep up the great work.    Congrats also on your upcoming Lap band surgery.     Welcome to the journey of a lifetime !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

wendiwoo
on 7/25/09 5:31 am
Topic: Pre-op Liquid diet
 Hi, I'm new to this group and wanted to give a good ole TX sized HELLO! That being said, I started this journey a little over a month ago and it has been a whirl wind. My insurance was approved in a day. That you Jesus! I am now on my pre-op liquid diet and my lap band surgery is set for July 29th. I can't wait to have this part behind me. I was doing pretty good but the last two days I have been having dizzy spells. YUCK! I only have a few more days of this but does anyone have ANY pointers on this stage of the plan. Thank you!
Stephanie_Texas
on 6/15/09 7:53 am - TX
Topic: APPROVED
Hi All - just wanted to let you all know I had the scope done last Tuesday.
Dr Kim did find a hernia, nothing major. But the GREAT news is I got a call today and my insurance has APPROVED the REVISION!!

I Meet with Dr Kim on Wed. to decide which surgery RNY or Sleeve.

Surgery date July 6th
Start liquid diet on the 22nd.
Gearing myself up for that. Never tasted Opti-fast before.  Anyone? Please share what you think.

WOW - 3 weeks will be here before I know it.

YEAH.....

Hope everyone has a great week!

Stephanie

Stephanie
May we all become the person we hope to be - may our goals be achieved and our dreams come true

Jerimiah 29:11
Vivian Prouty
on 6/12/09 11:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: CONGRATULATIONS - Your Group is a Featured Group!
 Thank you so very much Cathy.   It is a honor to be a featured group.    I love OH and I am always available to help encourage and support others on their journey to a healthier lifestyle.   Thank you so much again for featuring my group "Lose It 4 Life".

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Cathy W.
on 6/12/09 10:00 am
Topic: CONGRATULATIONS - Your Group is a Featured Group!
Hi Vivian,

I wanted to let you and your OH Group members know that you are one of our Featured Groups on the Group home page.

Check it out by inputting the URL:  www.obesityhelp.com/group/

Thanks for your participation and involvement with your special OH Group.

Again, congratulations,
Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

BJWood
on 4/7/09 4:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: New Here....

Not sure where I am supposed to be posting....I am new to the group and wanted to say hello! I look forward to meeting everyone and getting involved in the group!