Pcos Support

Groups » Pcos Support » Discussion » New Topic.....Summe...

New Topic.....Summer!

Teresa N.
on 7/16/10 2:21 am - wabasha, MN
Hello Everyone...Sorry its been forever!!!!

How is everyone doing?!?!?!

Welcome new Members!!!!!!

New Topic: What is your Favorite Summer Recipe?!

Me...Nothing fancy...but i love cottage cheese with fresh cold peaches.....YUMM-O
Huggz99
on 7/16/10 3:01 am - Pensacola, FL
Since I havent had surgery yet I dont know how pouch friendly this recipe is. Maybe some of you can tell me if you think it will be ok. I get my ingredients from publix. 1/2 pound Boars head all american bbq chicken lunch meat, (i guess it can be any kind of chicken you like) 1/4 pound smoked gouda cheese (cubed), chopped red onions (1/2 of an onion), a hand full of slivered or chopped almonds, 1 to 2 chopped gala apples (to your taste), low fat or fat free mayo (real mayo). Eat by its self or with small club crackers. I use the bite size reduced fat. You can chopp it all up in the blender to make everything fine but it tastes really good. I dont use many almonds because they have fat in them but they are good for you. I would like to know if anyone thinks this is a pouch friendly recipe if you blend it. thanks

Be happy with who you are.

Weight Loss since  my 6 month supervised Diet:   
Weight Loss since surgery:          
Jennifer H.
on 7/18/10 12:18 am - stockton, CA
No this isn't bad it would be good for you once you get past your soft food stage.Some doctors don't want you eating the almonds or crackers tell you hit goal weight or tell about 9 months out.Well thats how my doctor was.Almonds yes are high in fat but its not a bad fat I ate them from like 2 months out and still do even though my docotr said wait tell goal for the most part because your pouch my not like them.Sounds good though.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

dancerwife
on 7/17/10 9:05 am
I've been making a yummy salad (without lettuce).  Pre-cooked diced chicken, gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, 1/2 small peeled apple, a few dried cranberries and light raspberry vinigarette.  Lots of protein, strong flavors, good textures and a little sweetness.

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
Kristy T.
on 7/19/10 3:26 pm - Stockton, CA
green salad with the works...avocados, tomatoes, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, cucumbers, cheese...with FF Zesty Italian dressing....
                     102_1463.jpg image by goddess819                                               102_1481.jpg image by goddess819    
Lilypie - (8NSG)            Lilypie - (HyKO)