WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Hello All

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 9:18 am
Hello Everyone,

Yvonne caught me peeping at everyone and coaxed me out from behind the door.  Seriously, I am excited to find a group that is focused on positive attitudes.  Yvonne has been a tremendous person (albeit new) in my life and I am very excited about sharing my soon-to-be wight loss journey with all of you.  My surgery date is July 21 (lap-RNY).
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/7/09 10:53 am - Plano, TX
Hey Chris!!!
So glad you made it here!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO 
We're looking forward to helping you accomplish all that you wish to be!!  AND...we can do it without any trauma drama.  We are here to give unconditional love and support here and that's what you'll get.
Many blessings, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 4:28 pm, edited 7/7/09 4:29 pm
OMG!!!  You would not believe the day I had...  

Just kidding...  Thanks for the warm welcome Yvonne.  And thank you for creating a room free of toxic drama.  Yesterday I was reading one entry (outside of this group) and it sounded like an episode from "the Best of Springer."  I know we are all here for each other and we all suffer from roadbumps.  I am really glad to be part of a group where we can all freely share our ups and downs without fear of each other. 

I would like to publically thank Yvonne for all of her assistance.  I was cruising along the OH forums since June and everything was going great.  Than all of a sudden I started to hear in-fighting and back-stabbing.  I was just a witness.  I certainly did not join OH in order to become the Prom King.  I ran across a post from Yvonne and I sent her an email through her website.  I received the kindest, supportive and encouraging response from her.  She has truly made this a passion of hers. 

I treat OH the way I treat my life away from OH.  I have few friends that I actually bestow the title of friend.  And with that title comes expectations (for me as well as my friends).  That is how I approach OH.  I promise to always be considerate and caring of those I meet on OH.  And, I have always been treated that same way from those I met on OH.  You are all a tremendous group of people that I truly call "friends."

Please, I invite everyone to comment on my rermarks and kick me when I am F.O.S.  At this point in my journey, I have nothing to offer other than my wannabe newbie zeal.  I am looking for advice, support and correction. 

Now that they pushed my surgery back to July 21st, I am changing all of my hotel arrangements.  While I would have preferred to have the surgery on July 14th, it will be better if I wait until the 21st.  My wife and I have three young children and a puppy.  We need to make arrangements to have family members watch over them.  I wnt for a cardiac stress test and nuclear imaging this morning but I totally forgot that I had my echocardiogram scheduled for 7pm this evening.  So, I need to call them in the morning, apologize and reschedule.  I am not used to remembering medical appointments scheduled during the evening.  I won't let that happen again.

I was hoping to attend the first WLS support group meeting the night of my surgery.  I probably was delusional in thinking i could muster of the strength to traverse the large hospital to attend the meeting.  Now that my surgery is pusyhed back a week, I am going to attend the WLS support meeting (before I actually have WLS).  My surgeon strongly ehncourages his patients to attend before the have surgery.  So, while I was not thrilled with the surgery being pushed back, I have to admit it is all for the best and a one week delay is nothing to fret.

I hope everyone is doing well here.  I told a friend/neighbor about my upcoming WLS.  He is a RN for a busy ER.  He has known me for about six years now.  He thought it was a great idea and he has seen what it difference it made in some of his co-workers.  He told me that he was only aware of one nurse that regained her weight and he said she site at her station with a tub of licorce or other treats and snacks the entire day.  Knowing that I do not eat that way now, I do not believe it should be an issue for me after WLS. 

God bless...
Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/8/09 11:49 am - Plano, TX
Well I would like to thank you for the kind and encouraging words.  Wow, you make me remember exactly why I do this.  I too was so discouraged by the fighting and that's exactly why this group is here.  We can agree to disagree without being unkind or disrespectful to others feelings.  I have a particular rule of thumb that I follow when I post.  I ask these 3 questions.
1. Is it kind?
2. Is it true?  (like really true, like you saw it or a video)
3. It it NECESSARY????

Sometimes we don't understand how we sound when we make statements.  Especially when we say something that comes off as "I can't believe anyone would think blah, blah, blah"  That means you made yourself right and anyone with a different opinion wrong.  So much is lost in the written word but kindness and respect should be always in the forefront. 

I think the timing worked out great for your surgery and things happen for a reason.  I'm happy your friend was pro WLS.  Yes there are people that don't succeed and if they don't do a lifestyle change, they are probably doomed.  That's why we are here...to help with the things you may need to know as you go through this life changing experience.  I have a very strong feeling that you're going to be one of those poster boys for WLS!  So.....take lots of pictures now.  Make sure and document your journey.  Make sure and get a decent size file for the pre-op pictures too.

Welcome my friend and I'm looking forward to so much more from you!
Many many blessings, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

vickie O.
on 7/8/09 1:26 pm - amarillo, TX
welcome to the group. i am new myself, so i am making a big effort to be active and post at least every other day.  we need to set examples of being active, kind of take some of the load off of yvonne's shoulders. she is really one busy lady.  sometimes i have been intimidated by the regular boards and the infighting myself.  don't like it at all. there is going to be a chat session i think soon but i can't remember when. i will try to remember to ask yvonne.   well good luck on your upcoming surgery.  vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/8/09 11:15 pm - Plano, TX
Awwww Vick.  Thanks so much.  That's just AWESOME.  You made me tear up because that's exactly what I wanted...a place where you don't have to be afraid to post.  The thing is...one of the reasons I am so passionate about the fighting and drama is because it causes us to actually make it harder to have a successful journey.  If we fight or get upset that causes anxiety which causes us to reach for a coping mechanism and that causes us to reoffend with food or God forbid something worse.  My whole thing has been to try to avoid the anxiety in the first place.  Don't sweat the small stuff and understand that we are all precious souls and even when something may not come out just right, we need to ask for an explanation from someone before we jump on them.
hugs, Y

vickie O.
on 7/8/09 11:40 pm - amarillo, TX
yvonne, when is our chat session going to be?   we were going to have one weren't we? i will mark it on my calendar.  thanks for all the support. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/9/09 11:30 am - Plano, TX
Well, I hadn't scheduled one but we certainly can schedule a chat!  Start giving me some times that are good for you OK?
hugs, Y

Monique So Sweet
on 7/9/09 5:58 am - The most southern tip of..., TX
Hi Chris!
Welcome and CONGRATS on ur upcoming sugery.  July 21st is a GREAT day for surgery.  (Its also my babys B'day. He will be 15!)  Anyhoo...I PROMISE I won't fight (NEVER on here), NOR do I EVER start fights/arguments with others, BUT I am EXTREMELY LOYAL and VERY DEFENSIVE when I see the people I LOVE getting picked on or called out.  Next to her Dad, Kevin, her "other husband" Ramon and Debra I LOVE Yvonne like u wouldn't believe.  SHE is one of the reasons why I had surgery.  SHE is one of the reasons I am successful! 

So Im getting off my soapbox!  lol  Again, I am excited and happy for ya! Everything is going to go awesome for YOU!  I can't wait to see ur transformation.  Take care.

Monica

U tell me that I sin,
U say Im bound for hell,
So once ur judgment condemns U,
I SHALL SEE U THERE.

I'd rather be an OPEN sinner
than a FALSE saint...

Yvonne McCarthy
on 7/9/09 12:39 pm - Plano, TX
My beautiful Monica....I'm so glad you popped in.  You are my love and my beautiful precious girl. To see where you've come from is a miracle story and you remind me of why I do this every single day.  You ARE my walking/talking success story and what a precious soul this surgery saved.  I love you sweetie. Y