Recent Posts

HPhelps_30
on 5/7/10 11:12 am
Topic: RE: Need some Motivation
Thank you ALL for the wonderful advice, I knew I would find great advice and support here. So I'm taking your advice and I will be sure to visit here more often and go back to protein, protein, protein. I just needed to be reminded where to start. I must say that my husband and I have been walking 2-3 miles a day for a couple months and I have managed to lose 20 lbs since Dec. I just feel stuck since my band isnt working to its full potential right now but your advice means a lot and I will definatly take it. Thanks again!
Lisa O.
on 5/7/10 2:04 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Welcome back!
You are in the right place!   I'm sure you remember what it took to lose the weight the first time

so the best advice I can give you is to get back to basics.  I would recommend cleansing your system by doing the Plateau Buster diet for 10 days, (there's a copy on my blog if you need it, pg. 4 or 5).  Once you get your system clean of carbs you'll be ready to go.  Start measuring, logging your food daily and counting at least your protein grams, (60-80 per day).  Writing everything down will help you with accountability and it will let you see where you're wasting calories.  Also, go through the pantry and fridge and get rid of all the crap foods!  You won't succeed is you're surrounded by temptation, especially until you get some restriction back.  When you can afford to, get a fill!

Keep coming back.  It does make a difference.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Hermosa L
on 5/7/10 1:37 am

I would jump on dailyplate or myfitnesspal and start logging your foods again just to see where your at.

I would limit uncessary carbs for now right now... cereal, bread, rice,etc .. jump back to basic protein and veggies and or fruti and start moving.. maybe walking or a video etc.

You will notice a difference in two weeks

GOOD LUCK

BooLicious
on 5/7/10 1:29 am - PA
Start by making a daily trip on to OH every day.  It helps me cause I stay involved, read motivational stories from inspiring people, I realize on days I am struggling that I am not alone and that I CAN do this, I get great food advice, recipes and so much more.  You can do this and have a fresh new start!!!  I am sure this has been tough on you emotionally but you have had a lot going on, so do try and let it go and get a fresh new outlook starting with believing in yourself.  You did it before and we all know you can do it again!  :) 

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

HPhelps_30
on 5/6/10 1:24 pm
DRinck
on 1/30/10 6:18 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Topic: Happy 5 yr Anniversary to us!
 It has been five years since RNY bypass surgery!  I was 254 lbs made it to 142 and now back up to 159.  I have been trying to exercise regularly.  too many carbs are my culprit!  I do not want to get into that negative thought process of how "I failed and gained weight, so I might as well eat some more"... That is what got me into this mess in the first place!  I went though a lot when I had my TT in 2008--do not want to throw all that away!

Anybody having similar problems?

THanks!

Danielle

MaryEllenC
on 1/20/10 8:43 am - Reedsville, WV
Topic: RE: January 2005 - 5 Year Anniversary for Us!!
Can you believe it's been 5 years?  Glad to hear life is good.  Take care!
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Highest Preop:  280 pounds
Current:  181 pounds
MaryEllenC
on 1/20/10 8:40 am - Reedsville, WV
Great to hear you're doing well and having a great postop life!  Thanks for posting an update!
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Highest Preop:  280 pounds
Current:  181 pounds
ham026
on 1/20/10 8:19 am - hoople, ND
Topic: RE: Diet Pills
I'm close to going to my dr for diet pills cause i was on lyrica and gained 40 lbs. in 1 month. It is so depressing working so hard to get where you want to be and the fat just finds its way home. To bad it doesn't relize that we don't need it anymore. So if you do try the diet pills let me know cause both my mom & i need help losing weight again cause it just wont leave!
debdoc
on 1/20/10 6:01 am - fort wayne, IN

greetings!

i thought maybe there'd be some kind of activity on this board for the 5 year anniversary...and here you are! mine's jan. 25. and i'm so happy and delighted with the way my life has changed in these 5 years. i've gone from 463 lbs to 165. my bmi is normal.

and i feel like i can do anything!

congrats to all of us!

deb

Most Active
Recent Topics