what are yall eating now? what type of vits?

KKLLY
on 7/9/10 4:56 am
Hey fellow Aprl RNYers... Im still having trouble with everything that goes in my mouth.  Still HATE the vitamins.. any suggestions?  Unlike most people... I cant tolerate chicken of any kind.  I actually do better with ground beef and beans - crazy huh?  Just looking for some more ideas...I havent done the shakes in at least a month I was just so sick of them and the yogurt.  However, since then I have been really low on my protein intake.

kristi

Emily F.
on 7/9/10 12:17 pm
I lose WAY more weight when I do the shakes so that keeps me drinking them. The vites are non negotiable. I just got my 3 month labs back and I'm already low in some stuff. So that is motivating me to keep up with it even more.

Try different shakes. I can't drink them without a little sprinkle of sf pudding mix on top. Yumm.
Aberdare
on 7/11/10 4:58 am - Bellevue, WA
I also have issues with chicken and other meat, fish food. Salmon, tilapia, steak, etc.  I made a pot roast and that was OK. Cooked slowly for a long time so the beef was really tender and I chewed and chewed and ate very slowly. My support group thought it was early days for that kind of food and it will get better.  Yes ground beef and beans are wonderful mix with a little taco mix or enchilada mix and canned tomatoes Yummy.       My Dr. has samples of vits etc so I was able to try before buying. I like Bariatric Advantage in different flavors.    I still drink the shakes  Costco chocolate is good, not too sweet.    Good luck on your journey

Keldriv
on 7/12/10 8:17 am - Fair Play, SC
It seems like at least for me it depends on the day. Some days food go down good. And others, well lets just say I hate food those days. I have trouble with most meats. I have learned that protine shakes are my new friend. I dont have issues with getting my vitamins in. I cannot seem to remeber to take my cal supplaments though.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 877 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1206 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 983 views