Recent Posts

chubbs54
on 8/3/15 9:24 am
Topic: RE: Date is set for 7/27/15

Hello LLF,

I haven't been cleared either I also see my surgeon on Friday. I hope it isn't an issue with me walking that much because I feel great. I am on Facebook "Diane Lozano". I am currently waiting for a call from the RN at 9:30 which is shortly. Talk to you later.

Diane

LLFrogs80
on 8/3/15 6:59 am - Denver, CO

Hi. Surgery went well. I haven't been cleared to walk that much but congrats to you! That's awesome. I've walked 1 to 1 1/5 miles just walking around and doing my day to day stuff. Are you on facebook or instagram? I haven't weighed myself for a bit, waiting till I see my docs on Friday and then my water weight and gases might not affect that number so much. I'm on my fitness pal as welll, LLFrogs2015 is my username.

Mandyneg1
on 8/2/15 8:15 am
VSG on 07/20/15
Topic: RE: fatigue while at pre-op classes

The liquid diet kicked my butt. I thought I was going to be able to work all week and I couldn't I had to take off Friday because I could not take it anymore. I felt so weak. You will feel like that for a while after surgery too. I had VSG on 7/20/15 and am still not feeling back to normal strength. But keep going. It is worth it. Think of the long term goal.

chubbs54
on 7/31/15 10:40 am

Hello a belated Happy Birthday to you,

How did your surgery go? Mine was also on th 27th and mine went great, not having any issues with pills or protein shakes but I cannot get all my liquids in. And I seem to take my sips to frequently to cause some discomfort. Just did a 3 mile walk this morning in about 1 hr so I feel pretty good about myself right now.

jhigh
on 7/21/15 4:51 pm
RNY on 07/31/15
Topic: fatigue while at pre-op classes

When I went to my Pre-Op class and testing I got really weak. My question is "Is the Liquid diet the cause? or is there another issue?".

Anna082808
on 7/12/15 4:22 pm - CA
RNY on 02/26/20
Topic: RE: Here we GO!
Hi Cheryl! I'll be following right behind you! I'm scheduled for surgery (I'm doing a revision from lap band to vertical sleeve) on July 29, I just started the liquid diet. - well wishes on your journey!

LLFrogs80
on 7/6/15 8:34 pm - Denver, CO
Topic: Date is set for 7/27/15

Crazy things is my birthday is the 26th, so this is the best gift I can give myself and my family! I'm hoping to change into a new person with the same attitude. I'm excited, getting my vitamins all ready, reading up on my materials and what to expect again. I have my Pre-Admission stuff on the 16th! It's getting closer!!

nugett06
on 6/26/15 5:38 am
VSG on 07/16/15
Topic: RE: Surgery Date on July 13th, 2015!

I'm right there with you. I am scheduled for the 16th. Honestly the only part about this whole thing that scares me is being put to sleep. I was put to sleep to have my wisdom teeth removed as a teenager but that wasn't as scary. To calm my nerves I think about all of the positive things that this will bring. Makes me a little less of a nervous wreck lol

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/15 6:37 pm
VSG on 07/13/15
Topic: Surgery Date on July 13th, 2015!

Mostly excited for my VSG, a little scared (never been put to sleep before).

Best wishes.

NikkiL2015
on 6/18/15 12:56 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15
Topic: 18 days feels like an eternity.....

My surgery is scheduled for July 6th, which feels so far away, yet is approaching very quickly!  Anyone else feel like that?  I'm so close, it almost feels as though it isn't going to happen at all, yet I'm so close it feels as though things are moving at the speed of lightening.  I'm excited, scared, anxious all in one, I'm ready to just move on to the recovery step and start working on the rest of my new life! But, I know this is a much needed process to the long scheme of things.  I start my pre-op diet in just a few days.... Just wondering, does it help to have this completely planned out, like menu style, or better to just stick to 3 shakes morning noon and night and supplement in between with the other allowables as needed? What do you think?

Nikki L

Most Active
Recent Topics
fatigue while at pre-op classes
jhigh · 1 replies · 327 views
Date is set for 7/27/15
LLFrogs80 · 3 replies · 312 views
Surgery Date on July 13th, 2015!
G. T · 1 replies · 295 views
July 1, 2015
4khansen · 0 replies · 280 views