Recent Posts

Blessed B
on 1/23/09 8:24 am
Topic: RE: What should I be eating?

Hello Sheryl!

I was asking myself the same question last month..what should I be eating? This month, I re-evaluated things and now the question is what shouldn't I be eating. I know the weight gain is frustrating and think what we need to do is take a good hard look at our nutrition and exercise habits. I started a 3 month weight loss challenge at work and this has given me the push to really start taking care of myself again. I've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks so far...and I also joined WW last Saturday because I need the support of weight loss. At least for me this struggle with my weight and what not is going to be constant for the rest of my life and I just need to find a way to be consistant with everything. 

I don't know if this will help you or not but here's typically what I eat for meals/and my labs are also good.

Breakfast: Usually a slim fast low carb shake/ or a packet of sugar free oatmeal/ or skim milk with Biggest Loser designer whey protein/ or 1 scrambled egg and a slice of toast

****Do not drink with meals// use your waiting time between meals****
Snack:  Usually piece of fruit/ low fat cheese stick/ 2 celery sticks with peanut butter/ apple with 2 tbsp peanut butter

Lunch: Atkins protein bar with low fat cheese stick/ or atkins bar with yogurt and cottage cheese/ or hardboiled egg with cheese and sliced apples/grapes

Snack:  3 tbsp dried tropical fruit mix with nuts/ or granola bar

Dinner: anything reasonable...soup/sandwhich        / grilled chicken and veg with rice/ cheese/chicken quesadilla or chili/

Snack: sugar free jello pudding or 2 slices of wheat bread with parkay or peanut butter protein balls x2 or glass of skim milk

I'm making sure I get enough liquids in a day too.

Here's an example what I ate today and I wasn't hungry and felt satisfied

Right off the bat in the morning: 2 chewable vitamins/2 calcium citrates/Juice plus capsules x2 vegetables x2 fruits x2 vinyard blend

On the drive to work: 1  zipfizz letting the fizz run out (vitimin drink that's full of B vitamins)

Breakfast:   Sugar Free oatmeal

Snack:          Special K Bliss Bar

Lunch:       1 hardboiled egg/snack sized reduced fat cheese stick/baby carrots (prepackaged with a small thing of ranch dressing 45cals) and apple slices with grapes (prepackaged)

Snack:       zero   drank Special K protein drink on the drive home the iced tea one is delicious!

Dinner:   1 cup of diced chicken with tomatoes and shells/ white sauce

Snack:    2 slices of wheat toast with parkay

Oh and yes exercise. Exercise everyday if you can.

I don't know if this helps you in any way but I know I'm tired and I've just buckled down and am just doing it to get these 20lbs off...16 now. Just believe in yourself and you will do just fine!

Take care!
B

Taking one day at a time.

Sheryl Tilley
on 1/22/09 5:18 am - Prescott, AZ
Topic: What should I be eating?

Ok -- three years later I've gained 50 pounds back.What should I be eating?  What kind of maintenance -- I had an RNY.  Thanks for any help.  I need it.

Sheryl

lazeydazey
on 1/18/09 12:26 am - Sharon, MA
Topic: RE: I've gotten so off track
Jen,

thanks for the reply. I feel your pain. I told my doctor I feel I did this for nothing. He says i'm still down 100lbs which is good. I joined w****chers to help jump start my wt. loss again. I tried the 5 day pouch test but I got very hungry. May try it again. I have the endo on 1/26/09 so hopefully the doctor can fix it then if it needs to be. if it can I will lose all the wt and then more.

Let me know how you make out with your doctor,

Lisa
Jennifer T.
on 1/17/09 6:53 am - Bellingham, WA
Topic: RE: I've gotten so off track
I'm in the same boat 300-176-200. I'm going to ask my surgeon to recommend an endoscopy when I see him later this month. It seems I can eat as much as I want to. Sugar still gets me but now I can eat little amounts and not get sick whereas before any sugar made my heart pound. I would guess my downfall to be bread, pasta and rice. Switched my whole family over to stone ground wheat bread but they wouldn't go for the spinach pasta and brown rice :o)
I feel like a failure. I knew I'd gain back a few pounds but I thought I would make goal of 160 then gain back up to about 180. At 200 I'm back into around a size 18 and it's killing me cause I don't have any of those size clothes left. I consigned them all when I got to 176 and a size 12/14. Having to go back to the plus-size sections of stores is so depressing. I know I'm blabbing bout myself but it's so good (I guess??) to hear of someone else having the same problem. I have an appt with my pcp to see what kind of diet pills I can take. He already knows about the surgery of course so he has to research to see what won't hurt the pouch.
I did the 5 day test and did lose about 7lbs for the week but keeping it going is just too much, maybe if I holed myself up in my house with nothing but protein shakes LOL.
Jen Taylor
RNY Oct 26, 2005
1 oz. pouch w/100 cm bypassed
300/184/215/150

lazeydazey
on 1/15/09 11:10 am - Sharon, MA
Topic: I've gotten so off track
 I've been so bad and lost focus as to why I had this surgery. I saw my surgeon today and have officially gained 33lbs since my surgery. He's not mad. I asked him if this happens and he said yes about 20% gain wt back. I'm having an endoscopy next month to see if my pouch has expanded at all and is so how can it be repaired.

I feel like such a failure. Now I just need to go on the biggest loser and have Jillian whip me into shape.

Lisa
gail1957
on 12/4/08 5:48 am - Frankfort, KY
Topic: How did you do on Thanksgiving?
I was just wondering if everyone has recovered from all the food on Thanksgiving. I hope everyone is doing well and have a Merry Christmas.
LuvsAnimals
on 11/2/08 10:05 am - douglasville, GA
Topic: RE: How did you celebrate your 3rd Surgiversary?
I fell in love with Georgia but I do visit Florida every few months.   Jasper is BEAUTIFUL, especially right now in the fall.  It has been pretty cold but warmed up a little this weekend.  Good luck on your move!!
LuvsAnimals
on 11/2/08 10:01 am - douglasville, GA
I have always had lots of hair and never lost much after surgery.  I did take hair skin and nail vitamins for awhile but stopped awhile ago.  I guess I just have been lucky...thanks for the compliment!
Susan
JeannePS
on 10/28/08 7:16 pm - Jasper, GA
PS - your hair is beautiful!!!!!  What is  your secret??  I lost a lot of hair in the first year, then it grew back and thickened out, now I'm losing it again and it's pretty thin.  Do you take anything special for it, extra vitamins or minerals?  Do tell!  Your hair is gorgeous! Jeanne

Much  love  from Georgia!! 
Jeanne   
317 highest/289.5 surgery day/145 goal-reached goal in Oct 2006-165 now  

JeannePS
on 10/28/08 7:14 pm - Jasper, GA

Hi Susan,

Gosh that's about exactly what I did, got down to 145 then settled around 165.  The only reason I didn't freak out about it, is my surgeon told me that would likely happen. He said most people get to a low that's too low, then their bodies just "adjust" and level off at a weight that you'll likely stay at.  And I've been in the low 160's over a year now - and I have a butt now too LOL LOL!  I'm happy where I'm at, wouldn't want to be any higher and I don't think I will go any higher, I eat pretty consistently the same foods day after day. 

I used to live in Hollywood, FL too, in the 80's, it was pretty awesome then, now it's not as nice.  Miami isn't so bad, it just isn't for me and I'm happy to be leaving finally.  My boyfriend's dad lives near Douglasville, in College Park I think they call it. I think I've been through Douglasville once.  My family is up in the north though, Jasper, so a trek from there to his dad's is about 2 hours!  Thanksgiving we'll be doing that - 1/2 day in each place.  It's pretty cold there this week I understand!!!  I am going to FREEZE! I'm not used to that kind of weather!  In fact, I bought me two pairs of knee socks at Target the other night!  My sister is laughing at me already.  This first winter I'm going to suffer, then hopefully by next year I'll be ok!  I was raised near Buffalo but we moved to FL when I was 10 so my body is more used to WARM!  Now that I've lost the weight, I get chilled so easily.  Even in Miami, I take a sweater everywhere because the air conditioning is usually too cold in restaurants and stores. 

Well congratulations to you on your 3 years!!!  The time flew didn't it?  I'll keep you posted.  I'm leaving Miami Nov 16th yay!  Have a great day! Jeanne

Much  love  from Georgia!! 
Jeanne   
317 highest/289.5 surgery day/145 goal-reached goal in Oct 2006-165 now  

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 717 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1068 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 814 views
Just celebrated 6 years!