Recent Posts

Jane C.
on 7/28/09 9:04 pm - Florence, KY
Topic: RE: 2nd Sclerosing Therapy
25lbs that is awsome.  Thanks for the info, I never heard of it.  Doesn't sound as bad as I thought.  No big surgery.  Keep us posted.  It's hard to believe its 4 years already.

Jane
ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
lazeydazey
on 7/28/09 12:30 pm - Sharon, MA
It's like having an endoscopy. where a small tube goes down your throat. The only difference is that the doctor injects something into the pouch to make it small like it was right after the initial wt loss surgery.  The 2nd time I went under local anesthesia as the 1st time it was done I was told that I gagged.

The good thing is that I'm down 25lbs since the 1st one on 4/1/09.
Jane C.
on 7/28/09 9:46 am - Florence, KY
Good for you.  What is sclerosing therapy revision?  Just curious. I never heard of that.
pinkachew
on 7/23/09 10:58 am - Oshkosh, WI
Topic: RE: What should I be eating?
man do i feel like a pig i can actually eat 6 egg whites for breakfast maybe its time for me to do the 5 day pouch test to shrink my belly again....
pinkachew
on 7/23/09 10:54 am - Oshkosh, WI
Topic: iron
does anyone else have the problem of their iron dropping down to 25 no matter how much iron rich food you eat? and im tired all the time but my soon to be ex hubby cancelled my insurence so i cant go in to the doc. i only knew my iron keeps dropping that low because i donate plasma and they check it weekly also im going to the brewer game tomorrow any ideas for snacks everyone can eatthat are high protein so my energy keeps up?
lazeydazey
on 7/12/09 11:47 am - Sharon, MA
Topic: 2nd Sclerosing Therapy

Hi all,

Hope you all a good 4th . I had my 2nd sclerosing therapy revision on 5/20/09 and it went well. I saw the gastroenterologist who did it and i'm down 10 more lbs. Since the 1st one on 4/1/09 i'm down 24lbs. Not too bad. Still have more to go but I am taking it 1 day at a time.

Hope all of you are good and doing well. I hope to be on more. Depends on the time.

Be well,

Lisa

Jane C.
on 7/2/09 10:14 pm - Florence, KY
Topic: b12 is really low
It hard to believe its already almost 4 years.  I have done great.  Started at 311.  Today at 175.  Yea I would like to be in the 160's that is where I felt great.  This year 10lbs has creeped on.  I stopped exercising.  I work for the school system now in the special education department.  So I am really busy but now like working out.  I had a bout with Pancreatitis in January.  I was in the hospital for a week.  My liver blood test were all messed up.  And no I am not a drinker.  So I have had problems with this.  Off and on.  I made appt to see my surgeon which is next week.  He called yesterday.  My B12 is really really low.  So I am on weekly B12 shots.

Has anyone ever had trouble with B12.  My vitamin levels have always been good.  I read about syptoms of low b 12.  Fatigue, Depression, Forgetfullness.  I have had this but with my other problem I am having just thought it was that.

So mybe these shots will kick my system into high gear.  I really didn't worry about my weight gain.  When I was in the 150's I was toooo thin.  My body was not made for a size 6-8. Plus I had a hysterectomy at 2 years post op.  I think not having those hormones did a lot also.  Today I still wear layers of spandex because of the loose skin.  So I keep saying my extra 10 lbs is my loose skin.

Hope everyone is well.  Have a wonderful 4th of July.

If anyone would like to let us know where you are now please give a shout out. 
hoolahea
on 5/23/09 8:34 am - Charleston, SC
Topic: Need Help!!
Well,
I am 3.5 years out from surgery. At my lowest weight I was 145(2007) (down from 303) and today I am back at 178. Last year this time, I was 168.  Doctor's goal was 160. I have had 2 panniculectomy surgeries, and my body weight has shifted and I have things I have never had before- hips,butt, and more upper body fat than I have ever had!!!. Additionally my doctor messed up both Panni's - removing lower back fat, this causing more attention on the upper back area! THIS IS NOT CUTE!

My Doc told me no carbs ever again, but my brain was in a FOG. I did that until last summer, when I just could not function like that anymore. I should also mention that my doctor told me I was too thin (he was right) at 145 and that I needed to gain some weight- my bones were rubbing together causing painful friction. I was ok at 160 and  tried to use weigh****chers meals to incorporate those foods back into my diet gradually, however the weight seemed to increase, instead of stabilize or go down.

I would like to get back to at least 160, but my body seems to have STOPPED losing weight no matter what I do! Has anyone else from this time had issues with weight, and if so and you have regained, what have you done to help yourself? I do workout at least 3 times a week and 5 if I am feeling really motivated!

PLEASE HELP- I NEVER want to be fat again!!!

Towana SW303/Doc's GW160/MY GW153/CW178

smilesarepriceless
on 5/20/09 1:55 pm - Clarksville, TN
Topic: 3+ yrs :> WOW! -New Blog
WOW --How time flies, really!

OH has been such an awesome tool, and outlet to connect with others, on this WLS journey.....and I've just recently made a blog, where I'm including my WLS journal from the beginning. I'm not afraid to share my story with 'everyone' ...so I thought I'd share a link to it with you all as well if anyone is interested..

It's my little spot on the www and an outlet for me to share my interests of finding deals, dealing with WLS, and photography..and of course..motherhood..

http://pricelesslifeforless.wordpress.com/

HEATHER
Karen Jean
on 5/14/09 7:19 am - Charlestown, MA
Topic: RE: hows everyone doin?
I'm very sorry to read about your mother.  Although my own mother died almost 30 years ago, I still miss her.

Myself, I just reached my goal (I was stalled out for over a year) about two months ago.  So, I'm in the process of getting new pants!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 714 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1062 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 812 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1022 views