iso-pure update

Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 2:35 am - Canada
For any who were following the earlier post, I had hoped to check out a few places in Richmond that might sell the Iso-Pure low-carb "juice" on my last visit there but with ferry hassles and appointments going longer than expected, I didn't get much time to do so.
I can say for sure Popeye's in Richmond doesn't carry this product as I did get there but since Richmond Centre was closing by the time I got there, I was unable to check GNC. I was told by a staff there by phone that they didn't carry it but another member at OH said they had seen it there. I have also been told that the Zeller's Pharmacy does carry it (Alpine Mist, low carb).
However, my local (Nanaimo) Pharmasave was able to order it for me. I bought a case (four -seix packs) for $55 taxes in. Pricey and not the greatest tasting thing in the world, but drinkable and a great way to ge****er and protein at the same time.
I also found Nectar brand powders in my local Fuel and GNC. I bought the iced tea version. Tastes kind of like a bland ice tea, not unpleasant though it is cloudy and not as clear as I would like. 23 grams of protein per scoop (to mix with about 8 oz of water). I find adding a good shot of lemon or lime juice or a little lemonade crystal lite sparks up the taste a bit and, again, helps combine water and protein intake.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

CSAL
on 8/15/11 12:30 am - Canada
Hi Lynn,
 I  bought Whey Kool at GNC and it's coudy but OK...But I really like the Premium protien drinks from Costco.... just like real choc milk... yum.... but not for the clear stage.
I was able to get Iso-pur drinks at Shopper's DM and saw some at London Drugs.

VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
bamf
on 8/17/11 9:10 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
I just discovered that Costco now carries protein drinks.  They are clear like iso-pure, but have 60 calories, 6g carbs & 5g fibre (only 1 net carb), and 10g protein, plus calcium etc.  It is a pkg. of 16 - 500ml bottles, in two flavors (orange & lemon).  It is called Kaizen Protein H2O and sells for $24.99, plus bottle deposit.  I think it tastes as good as iso-pure, maybe even better.
Barb
Lynnww666
on 8/18/11 1:10 am - Canada
Great... I will have to check and see if Nanaimo Costco also has them... thanks for the info.

M1CHELLE
on 8/19/11 4:01 am - Kelowna, Canada
I'm going to Costco today to get those protein drinks and the Premier shakes. I also found a juice type protein drink at London Drugs the other day - it's called Extreme Lean Protein H20, and they have 10g of protein per 500ml bottle. They are a bit on the sweet side (sweetened with Sucralose), but are ok... Not sure how they compare to IsoPure or Costco ones yet. These come in 2 flavours that I saw, Lemonade and Orange, and are $2.49ea.
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Lynnww666
on 8/19/11 5:16 am - Canada
I had not heard of the Extreme Lean Protein H20 but I will check with our local London Drugs to see if they carry them.
They're a little lower in protein (10 g vs 15 g in half as much liquid) than the IsoPure. On the other hand, they can not taste much worse than the IsoPure. It's drinkable but that's about all I can say for it.
All these products tend to use a little too much sucralose in them which gives them a slightly gaggy sweet taste. Wish they'd use less of that and maybe a pinch of citric acid to give them some bite and they might not be bad. I sometimes mix the Iso-Pure and/or Nectar powdered protein ice tea mix with some Crystal Lite lemonade or such just to cover up the flavour a bit.
I can't believe it's that hard to make protein water that tastes fairly good.... but then I'm no rocket scientist either....

Lynn

prplady
on 9/17/11 4:39 am - Canada
I seen the extreme lean h20 at london drugs on sale for $1.99 So I bought one of each Flavour.  Although they are sweeter they are WAY better that the isopuke! no doubt at all.

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Most Active