Dr. Sampath or Nguyen?

Nikkal
on 2/19/12 8:23 am
VSG on 07/18/13
So, I have an appointment with my GP to talk to him about WLS - if he agrees (ihopeihopeihopeihope) which of the two Richmond docs should I get the referral for?

Has anyone seen both of them? What are they like? Does one have a better reputation than the other?  Can my GP just refer to whichever one can see me first?

I understand they both have roughly the same pre-op policies etc...and I can live with a non-warm-and-fuzzy bedside manner for the right doc.

(I'm making the assumption my doc doesn't have a preference himself, which he might)

readyornot
on 2/19/12 11:38 am
Dr N took my gallbladder out last year and he is terrific and I am seeing Dr S for my WLS....you cannot go wrong with either.  Good luck!!!
lilymorg
on 2/19/12 1:42 pm
From what I have heard, I think Dr. Sampath is more thorough and gets all the tests done well ahead of time.  Whereas Dr. N has left some of the testing on people until the last minute, and problems come up and their date has to be moved.  

This is just what I have heard.  I had Dr. Sampath and he was great.
sexy_me
on 2/19/12 7:12 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Dr Nguyen was really great with my surgery and pre op

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Kever4Life
on 2/20/12 5:36 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12
I have Dr.N and he is awesome! He has a great bedside manner and is very thourough with you. I have never had a problem with him rescheduling or changing appointments (except in a good way when they moved my surgery up!!). I think either doctor would be a good choice, I would try to get in to the one with the shortest wait personally. 

Good luck! 
Nikkal
on 2/20/12 9:42 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Thanks everyone - I guess I'll leave it to my doctor or to the clinic to see who has the shorter waitlist!

I'm SOOOOOO nervous about my GP appointment!
Lynnww666
on 2/24/12 1:48 pm - Canada
 I've heard goods things about both of them. I had Dr. N and he also took out my gall bladder and fixed an umbilical hernia at the same time he did my sleeve.
I was totally pleased with his attitude, how helpful was and how good the staff were (they share staff so that's the same for both.)
I don't think you can go wrong with either of these fellas.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Nikkal
on 2/26/12 5:57 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 thanks Lynn - sounds like whichever doc I end up with will be a good one! My GP said he was going to forward a bunch of test results I've had to them, tests I'd have to have eventually, in hopes that might speed things along...

my plastic surgeon is in the same building - GP jokingly suggested I get him to prod the WLS surgeons along...I said I'd remind the plastics guy that the sooner I get WLS, the sooner he'll be able to do my tummy tuck *lol*.  (he's doing my carpal tunnel next week).

I know, it doesn't work like that but it was fun to joke around...hopefully, though, living so close by and having an insanely flexible job schedule means I can at least be on a cancellation list for my first consult...

intellectually I appreciate the fact that our system means wait times, and I'm very appreciative of our system...but at the same time I'm raring to go!! *Lol*
Most Active