Will It ever happen?

sexy_me
on 9/18/12 9:56 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Hi there,

It's definitely sad that if I waited for Dr Tang to do my surgery I'd still be on that waiting list for another 3 yrs possibly. The best call I made was to MJ earlier this year to remove myself from that list because I just had surgery with Dr Nguyen. I really feel for you! I was informed during the call, it will be a very long wait for all. Since I got my name on the list in early 2009, I was told the list has gotten even longer and with huge cutbacks to funding there isn't much surgical time being allotted to WLS. Maybe explore other options perhaps closer to home. Go ahead make that call just to find out where you currently stand, it may ease your mind.

Hang in there!  

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

shanti4758
on 9/18/12 11:03 pm, edited 9/18/12 4:05 am
I have called MJ numerous times since my sept 2009 first appt. she is so nice but always just tells me to hang in there and that she cant tell me where I am on the waitlist. She says it is up to the hospital and she will call when she hrpears from them. I call about every three months. I dont want to annoy her too much either. The waitlist for the richmond docs are over a year for first appt, then i dont know how long. I just wish I knew where I was on the waitlist:(
sexy_me
on 9/19/12 12:33 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 I'd definitely eplore your other options like Dr Nguyen. Of course its possible that it might be a year  but its also could be less. I got in sooner than expected and had surgery, so no harm in trying is it?

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

shanti4758
on 9/23/12 3:42 pm
 Well it is now a two yr wait to get in for the first appt in richmond and it is going to be at least two yrs more to get the surgery with dr tang. Found that out last week.
So, I am done waiting, have done lots of reseaech and have an October 23 surgery date in Mexico for my sleeve. Finally I can be super excited!

Momx4kids
on 9/25/12 7:28 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
I waited four years with Tang, MJ is great but I really don't believe it is up to the hospital. When I had my surgery, I know there was at least 12 ppl in front of me waiting for surgery, but after 'harrasing' MJ by phoning every two months, and a visit with Tang where I told him I was very ready for this surgery, I some how jumped to the top of the list and had my surgery within 2 months after that visit. ?? Keep in touch with the office don't worry, I think it really shows them how serious you are! Let them know you will jump at any cancellation if there was one. It is amazing how many ppl don't take surgery dates! Hang in there!
Rhonda

Leanne43
on 10/18/12 11:06 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
are you having your surgery in victoria or in vancouver?

shanti4758
on 10/18/12 12:09 pm
Victoria with tang but I gave up and am now getting sleeved in mexico next week.
shanti4758
on 10/29/12 9:43 am

Got sleeved in mexico last week. The best $4500 I ever spent!

Most Active