Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 11:32 am - San Jose, CA
That's why I posted this thread -- and curiousity as well ...
Donna B.
on 12/29/07 12:43 pm
Hey,  Not meaning to sound sexist, but you, Diana, and Lori are three of the cutest GOONS i've ever seen (and remember, I'm old enough to remember the old popeye cartoons....and GOON ISLAND)

Duodenal Switch= Definite SOLUTION for Morbid Obesity!

HW:340 /SW:297 /CW:232 /GW:190  http://forgodsolovedme.com/  

BBoop
on 12/29/07 12:49 pm
I posted and hope the door hits her in the ass as she is leaving and NOT paying it forward.  That really PO'd me. Just keep on paying it forward.  We have had way too many prima donnas leave the forum when pre ops and newly post ops need them the most.  Geez, what did they expect all sweetness and light?  Life isn't like that and so why would this forum be any different?  Ok, my rant is over. When I have more to offer, I'll become the terror of the main forum.  Oh, yeah, I'll be on good drugs post op and it will keep me busy while I'm trying to get in my supplements and protien.
Valerie G.
on 12/29/07 2:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Got it!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Vicki In A Clam Shell
on 12/29/07 11:15 am, edited 7/7/08 5:05 am - near Louisville, KY
that would be me too... I was ready for my RNY when I started questioning strictures and the lifetime "don't" list and wondering if I could live up.  I knew I couldn't and am thankful that the DS is available.  Thanks to all who ever answered my questions, I hope someday to pay it forward. eta: the DS had alot of work to do to "convert" me.  I was afraid of it because I had heard of it, and seen it at work.  I watched a girl here locally lose over 100 lbs very fast and also lose the color in her face and the tone in her muscles.  She did not look healthy and even though she was skinny, she was depressed.  She would even tell you that she was happier as a fat girl.  All of those thing made me wary of the DS so I really didn't look into it until the rny v. ds flame wars last summer.  After being flamed myself by a long gone DSer for asking questions about the pallor in my friends skin, LeaAnn answered my questions as well as Redhaired and Lola.  I discovered that the problems my friend was suffering from were related to her noncompliance in the vitamin department, a mistake I have seen and will not repeat.  I decided to seek out Dr. Inman and met Lori B as a result, since then I have made dozens of DS friends and would love to meet them all.  The only issues that still worried me about my DS were the infamous bowel problems.  LeaAnn assured me through PM several times that it was a non issue, while I wanted to believe her I needed more assurance and got that here. I am grateful for DSers paying it forward on other boards and I do the same whenever I get the chance.  I want everyone to have the chance at the same information I got.  I love my DS.  Thanks Renegades, although we may not always agree on methods I love your message.
I owed it to myself to research the duodenal switch before consenting to any other weight loss surgery and so do you.  Check out DSFacts.com and DuodenalSwitch.com for more information.  Remember think twice, cut once, revisions are risky and revision surgeons are rare.
 DS Lab Rats 

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 11:22 am - Horsham, PA
Me  Me Me I orignally posted on the main forum and then the rny forum - Found this site with info from Lepardgirl
leopardgirl
on 12/29/07 1:54 pm - Oreland, PA
Jeanne, I'm so glad that I could direct you, because if it weren't for Diana Cox, I don't think I'd have continued on my journey.  I believe it paying it forward, and I'll never run out of energy doing that!  I'm glad to have helped in any way, shape or form. You're rocking your DS, girlie!

Lisa                 "Well-behaved women rarely make history...."
HW 341/SW 324/CW 159/GW 159   182 pounds gone!  GOAL!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 11:25 am
I was heading for RNY when I saw Jen F on the Ontario board.  She has a great profile and has done so well.  LeaAnn also got me with her posts about all the great food she could chow down on. I am so happy I had the DS!! Kelly
LeaAnn
on 12/30/07 1:55 am - Huntsville, AL
Aw, that's sweet of you to say!  haha!  I'll go post on the WDYET thread right now!  hahaha!
Mikey and Wifey B.
on 8/7/09 9:25 am - Smiths Falls, ON, ON
kelly was one who definately inspired me and helped me get to surgery

: )
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 810 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views