Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

HeavyJ
on 12/29/07 12:52 pm - SC

I was planning on a lapband for months and event underwent the surgery, only to wake up without one due to internal anatomy issues. My surgeon said RNY or DS was an option, so I renewed my research. There was no single post that led me from RNY to DS. But my research of RNY vs DS sealed the deal.  A LOT of that information came from OH. And most of the "comparative" posts came from OH too.  That is what I wanted, comparisons of the various options available to me. I am thankful there are so many knowledgable people on the boards.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/29/07 12:54 pm - Burlington County, NJ
ME ME ME!!!!  I got derailed from WLS stuff by health problems back in 2003. Then many things happened, and in early 2006, I was suddenly back on track for WLS. Only one problem: I was NOT happy with the results some 3d friends were having with their RNY's. I posted to this effect on the main board and fretted about making choices and decisions. A couple DS'ers encouraged me to check out this procedure. Then the thread--or maybe it was a different thread--became a snarkfest, and I thought, "Hmm, well, if these DS'ers are getting *****ed at for talking about their surgery as being such a wonderful thing, I DEFINITELY want to know more." (Yes, I have an oppositional streak a mile wide.)  The rest is history. BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU ONE AND ALL WHO PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!!
w8'n no more
on 12/29/07 1:10 pm - middle of, IL
I'm pretty sure it was a post by Alison that brought me to the DS board, but it was Linda Shafer who literally took me by the hand and steared me to Dr. Anthone and then taught me the ropes.  I will forever be in her debt.  I've always said, she could bury a body in my backyard and I wouldn't even ask who it was LOL!
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
Redhaired
on 12/29/07 2:11 pm - Mouseville, FL
Yeah and I would go ask the cop next door if I could borrow his shovel! Red

Dutchy
on 12/29/07 1:14 pm - stittsville, Canada
I was on the Ontario forum and I met Jen F, i thought there was only two types of surgery lapband and rny, she gave me tons of info and from there i met Kelly, Kris and Mel, I was changed forever and i am SO glad i had the DS despite my complications. In the end the DS was the best fit for me.. bottom line i am glad i had a choice. It was and is worth it. Kerry
Tiffany G.
on 12/29/07 1:32 pm
I was being noosy...

I was on the RNY forum and I saw a post saying Why Do DSers Hate Us? or something like that.  So I wanted to know what the heck was a DSer and why did they hate RNYs.  LOL.

And here I am.
LeaAnn
on 12/30/07 1:03 am - Huntsville, AL
Welcome, Tiffany! 
Tiffany G.
on 12/30/07 1:18 am
LOL it's me baglady215...  I changed my avatar and display name.  But thanks again for the warm welcome!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Amanda G.
on 12/29/07 1:45 pm - Eagle Mountain, UT
DS on 04/14/17
Well, it was Lola's post this morning that got me on here.  I obviously am still researching my options but it's nice to know there is such a wealth of knowledge here at my finger tips.  Right now my main concern is how invasive the DS is vrs lap-band.  anyone have comments or suggestions or even more info to provide?

Valerie G.
on 12/29/07 2:21 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ask someone who's band has eroded right through their stomach or who had emergency surgery because of slippage how non-invasive the band is.  We've got both here.  Check out a gal named Taylorfan.  She'll tell you how non-invasive it is for sure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 343 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 802 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views