Let's prepare an ER info package that slam dunks the idiots we might encounter

kahlana
on 7/4/11 10:42 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
i've read this thread twice now and I'm not sure but did we get a concrete list down of what information we MUST have available at all times in case we land in the ER for what ever reason??
This is what I have gathered from the suggestions:
Surgical Notes for all surgeries if possible or at least dates if unable to obtain reports
Vitalady's Lab Ranges
Current Labs
DS information with pictures
Current medications and supplements
Doctor information
insurance Information
Blood type
Emergency Contacts
allergies/sensitivities
Diana Cox's letter from earlier in thread

Anything else? At this point (i'm still pre-op) everything I have is carried in a binder that has "Emergency Medical Information Enclosed" on the front, my name and phone number and a big medical sign on it and I carry it with me everywhere. (I carry really big purses or tot bags at all times)

My Blog My Facebook

Tabitha70
on 9/17/11 11:27 am
I'm still waiting (not so patiently) for my appointment with a new PCP and went through my bookmarks to find this thread and get prepared for the appointment next week.

There is just so much good info in this thread I thought I'd give it a gentle *bump* for anyone that may have missed it.

Thanks to everyone that provided info!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Elizabeth N.
on 9/17/11 11:59 am - Burlington County, NJ

Imissthe80s
on 9/18/11 2:48 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
 I just skimmed through this, I bookmarked it for later because it's stuffed full of helpful info.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/22/10 3:29 am - Burlington County, NJ
Bookmarking and bumping this thread. NEWBIES READ!!! If you land in an emergency belly situation, you MUST have ways of communicating the realities of your altered belly to every medical person you encounter, including the ******** This can be tough if you are not very well self educated or if you are not naturally confrontive and kinda loud, or God forbid if you are unable to speak for yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 359 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 818 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views