Let's prepare an ER info package that slam dunks the idiots we might encounter

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 12:27 pm
Too cute! thanks for taking the time to look that up, I'm in a lazy streak tonight. The Naughty Dog one is definitely for Beemer! *lol* I'm sorta partial to the medical one *last link* as you can actually store x rays and stuff. Too cool.
trxxyy
on 12/18/10 1:07 pm - Orange County, CA
I have to check out The Naughty Dog drive :)

I thought the last one was worth adding because of its capabilities even though it isn't as cute as the others.
adkmtngirl
on 12/18/10 10:23 pm - Brant Lake, NY
 I can tell you from responding to many accident scenes over the years that EMS members are trained to look for the old 'ugly' medic alert bracelets & necklaces. It's super easy to miss a charm on a cute beaded necklace because it looks too much like regular jewelry. And the point of it is to have it stand out to medical personnel. 

As for these charm type flash drives, these would be cute to put on your keychain, necklace or hang off of your cell phone (with a note in your ICE contact directing them to use the flash drive). But, EMS & ER personnel will not recognize these for what we want them to be if we make them 'cutesy'. We need to have something that will stand out to them especially if we are unconscious! 
Kristina

Mark G.
on 12/19/10 12:21 am
I found one.  Right on Amazon.com.  Something like this would be awesome.  I'm not good at this stuff but, as soon as we have a defined protocol for the information that goes on it, I'm getting one.
Please visit my DS blog! HW:427/SW:381/GW:215

trxxyy
on 12/19/10 12:44 am - Orange County, CA
Damn, no cutsey?

You have a great point.  I was looking for one that had a smoth plain surface on it and was going to have my friend laser etch a medic alert emblem on it.  After reading your post I am thinking that still wont be enough to indentify it as a medical alert.  Maybe I should just get a damn chip implanted (ha!).
beemerbeeper
on 12/19/10 2:31 am - AL
I like that last one. I can see that on my keychain for sure. It has room for paper AND all the electronic data we need. But it is a bit pricey.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 9:41 am
Would it be a good idea to have other surgery OR reports too? For example I had a tonsillectomy on Dec 17th 2007, should that be in my packet or is it not relevant?
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 9:48 am
I think so as it shows your surgical history. I have a list of all my surgeries (13) along with the surgeon; I'm going to now add their contact info to the list....more info is better than not enough.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/18/10 10:09 am - Burlington County, NJ
I dunno how far back our info should reasonably go. I am fanatic on this score so I have info about EVERY surgical intervention in my life on my record :-p. Um, it's just mentioned, i.e. appendectomy 1977, tonsillectomy 1986, TAH/BSO 2002....but I make sure it's listed.
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 10:16 am, edited 12/18/10 10:16 am
Maybe have them all listed but provide more information for the ones that had complications?

ETA: *If* there were complications.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views