MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

L. Anderson
on 4/27/10 1:40 am - Duluth, GA
I went to Dr. Williams and was covered by medicaid. It was an easy process and they worked with you all the way. Call and ask for Jackie, she worked miracles with me. Ask her questions so you won't be wasting time and money. I started my process on the 3rd of the month and by the 30th i had my surgery, that's less than a month. Don't get discouraged, act in faith. GA medicaid is very laxed on their rules but hurry cause things will be changing fast. Let me know if you have any other questions. I didnt have to pay one penny, some however may have to pay a $250 co-pay. Good luck.
177 lbs GONE & Dancing:)

castillo83
on 9/15/10 8:01 am - Gainesville, GA
hi candidbliss i just wanted the info of dr.williams where is he located and and maybe u could give me his office location and number so i can call for and appointment....thanks i will greatly appreciate the info.
AnnB
on 2/25/08 8:37 pm - Pooler, GA
Dr Williams charges $100 to do the pre-approval letter for your insurance company.   Then he charges $1500 up front *before* surgery.   His office says they take medicare, but they refuse to get pre-approval from medicare.   Medicare tells me they will not pay for the surgeon, hospital, anesthesia or any other fees unless they pre-approve the procedure, which Dr Williams' office will not do.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
cause those who matter don't mind 
and those who mind don't matter.    
.....Dr Seuss
Pat128
on 2/26/08 8:57 am - Stockbridge, GA
You may just want to look into Dr Duncan's office as I told someone above.  He does accept medicare and he is the only surgeon in GA that does not charge any upfront fees.  You do have to go through the approval process(get all your approvals from the various doctors) then they submit your paperwork, again I will say.. without any fees.  Good luck and keep us informed as to how you are doing and if you need any more help.

~~~Pat~~~

discouraged
on 1/20/12 3:20 am - nashville, GA
could you give me a number or website.

Pat128
on 1/20/12 5:39 am - Stockbridge, GA
 http://www.peachtreebariatrics.com/

~~~Pat~~~

ccofield
on 2/19/08 2:18 am - LaGrange, GA

Dr. Bryan Freeman accepts medicare patients.  He's located in Anniston, AL. but has many patients from GA - including me!  He's wonderful! Here's his contact info: Freeman and Company Bariatric Center 822 Leighton Ave Anniston, AL 36207 800-675-3934

PhyllisJ.
on 2/25/08 7:55 pm - GA
My Daughter is looking for a doctor that takes Medicaid for Lapband. We live in southeast Ga and my doctor does not take it. So Savannah or Jacksonville Florida would be great. Any Ideas would be appreiciated..also anyone know what medicaid has you do before approving? Phyllis

PhyllisJ. 
268/259/175/150       consult/surgery/current/goal

Pat128
on 2/26/08 8:59 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hey Phyllis, Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  This depression is killing me.. Just kidding.  But it is wearing thin.  Pun intended, I guess.  What about Duncan's office.  Hetakes medicaid and does lapband.  Hope all is going well with you. 

~~~Pat~~~

PhyllisJ.
on 2/26/08 7:10 pm - GA
HI Pat..I have missed your valuable input on the board. You are so helpful to everyone. I sure hope you are feeling better and will be around more. We have considered Dr Duncan's office..my daughter in law works in the same building..weird huh. But we are 5 hours away from Atlanta so it would be hard to get there for the fills and that is so important for lapband to be successful. If nothing is available in Jax or Savannah then she will have to think seriously of going to Atlanta and then pay for fills here.  Cant wait to the Atlanta conference..you are going to be there right. Florida doesnt have one this year but they are talking on the fl board about having one themselves..might try to go to that if it is fits into schedule. phyllis

PhyllisJ. 
268/259/175/150       consult/surgery/current/goal

Most Active