MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

got2bmee2006
on 8/15/09 4:56 am - Canton, GA
Hello All,

I seem to be the minority in this room in the way that I am a DS patient....I am a successful Post-Op, however I have someone who is a Medicaid patient and is interested in pursuing a DS...Does anyone know of a Surgeon/Hospital that does the DS in or around the Atlanta area who accepts Medicaid? My doctor was the greatest, Dr. Dennis Smith, however he does not accept Medicaid....I would greatly appreciate any information anyone might have.....For all of you who are embarking on your journies you are in my prayers and I am BELIEVING for you a successful and healthy prosperous journey.....Be BLESSED ALL.....

Peace and Many Blessings,
Keisha Je'Nae....

I made goal!!!

Yana
on 11/19/09 6:24 pm - Lizella, GA
Well, I started my clearances yesterday. Things are looking good so far I had my pulmonary, sleep elav, and psych eval. I will have my cardio on the 3rd, go back for the first of my two sleep studies on the 4th, back to get the results of the study on the 7th, to the nutritionist on the 9th, back for my final test which is the 2nd sleep study on the 18th.

I am going with Dr. Hobson. They said after I get all my paperwork in to them, they will set me an appointment with him for a surgical consult, and then it's surgery date, looking like it will be early February.

Thanks for all the help guys, and Renee Dr. Hobson said hello!
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/10 10:27 pm - GA
Hello, My name is Veronica and i wanted to know if u had Peachstate or Amerigroup. If u have Peachstate could u plz tell me what Nutritionist you went to for your 6mos diet I am having such a hard time find a Dietitian! Thk U
Larkin O'Donoghue
on 12/8/09 2:42 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
I have both Medicare & Medicaid and my doctor is:

Dr Paul Macik
Northside Bariatric Surgery Center (Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence)
960 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 228; Atlanta, GA 30342 Phone: (404) 252-2220 / Fax: (404) 252-4530

The surgery will be done at Northside Hospital in their Bariatric Center (sized just for people like us ).

So far his office has been awesome, and I'd recommend them highly.

Larkin

Life is Hard By the Yard,
But a Cinch By the Inch!

weightyissues
on 3/16/10 5:03 am
I'm new to this site even though I joined maybe a year ago. I didn't have insurance at the time, which I do now, thank goodness. When contacting these surgeons, would I ask them for a packet to mailed to me or do I have to be referred to them by my doctor? I do have medicaid (wellcare). I am aware that not many doctors accept wellcare. I may have switch plans. Your help is appreciated.
cdharr
on 3/20/10 1:42 pm - Hephzibah, GA
Trinity Bariatric and Weight Loss Center
Dr. Michael Blaney
Dr. Arthur Chasen
1500 Johns Road, Suite #3
Augusta, GA 30904

Bariatric Center Phone: 706-481-7298

Procedures available:

Revisions
Lap Band
Realize Band
VSG
RNY
DS

All procedures are done laproscopically unless an open procedure is medically mandated.

Free informational seminars are offered the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month.  Seminars are followed immediately by our support group meeting, public is welcome.  Quarterly LEAP (Learning Everything Again Pays) all day seminar is available quarterly.  LEAP fee - $100 per person and includes 2 meals, 2 snacks & LEAP book.  This program is open to the public.

For seminar reservations or specific insurance information, please call the Bariatric Center.

If you would like to know more about the LEAP program, send me an email ([email protected]).

Carla
OH/BSCI Support Group Leader

CJ H
Proximal Open RNY 11/2003
"No tool works if it's been forgotten in the drawer"
fabiancori22305
on 5/5/10 12:53 am
Dr Williams and Dr Khan in Alpharetta GA , will take Medicaid
Shante81
on 5/12/10 3:14 am - Rancho Cordova, CA
I just want to post an update here for those of you with AmeriGroup Medicaid. I got my approval on April 14, after submission on April 13th, surgery was on April 21. If you are interested in the surgery and want to have it done with Dr. Blaney I would suggest go ahead and having your six month diet completed but everything else the office sets up for you which was great for me because I didn't have to hunt for doctors. Best Wishes!!!
 Vengeance is mine says the Lord y'all knock it off
Me and failure just don't mix...
If you want it, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
"Failure cannot cope with persistence."               
Yana
on 5/24/10 1:09 pm - Lizella, GA
I wanted to say that I had my surgery on May 6 done by Dr. Hobson, and I have lost 20 pounds so far!!! I am thrilled.
LaTonya P.
on 8/12/10 10:05 am - Woodstock, GA
you can use MEDICARE in any state but you will still be responsible for your 20% unless you have MEDICAID covering your co pay. i called medicare and they said these places take medicare in ga:

dekalb medical center
atlanta medical center
NE ga medical center
hamilton medical center
wellstar comprehensive bariatrics- my choice so far with dr, smith in marietta. $400 up front fee not covered by insurance. but he has a center of excellence.
Most Active