MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

proudmommyof2
on 9/28/08 9:17 am - Pekin, IL
thank you for this information im in pekin which is 20 mins from peoria and was looking for someone I heard horror stories about how hard it is to find someone who would even think about taking meidicaid or medicare. 
lessofme2008
on 9/29/08 1:47 am - IL

Methodist has a weight loss program and the last I knew they accepted medicaid for I believe ALL their surgeries....only one I'm not sure about is the lapband.

St. Francis the only option you have is RNY or DS (have to have higer BMI).

Sunydlites
on 11/2/09 9:38 am - Chicago, IL
I also had my VSG by Dr. Carlos Galvani at UIC and he did an amazing job with no side-effects  great job, very happy with UIC all around, I have lost 200 pounds from 397 to 197 in less than a year I have been steady at this weight for almost 8 months!! I am a Pharmacy student there!

Tamiasmom
on 1/22/13 3:58 pm - Chicago , IL
After your initial consult how long did it take before you had your surgery?
illinois18
on 5/28/13 3:45 pm

Hi, 

I want to ask you the same question. Have you had your first consult? And how long did it take from your first doctor's visit to have your surgery? Thank you

sweetdream1
on 6/3/14 11:57 pm

Just wondering if u had your surgery

juicybooty2008
on 7/21/15 1:22 pm

Hi. Do they take public aid? I already am a patient at the peoria surgical group but my dr doesn't listen to me. It's been 5 yrs that I've been sick. I really need help.

juicybooty2008
on 7/21/15 1:19 pm

Hi. I am in need of a new doctor. I live about 1hr 30 min away from Chicago. Are you able to send me a personal message? Would like to ask you some questions. Thank you. Melody

Shana
on 12/30/07 6:07 am - Peoria, IL
I'm getting my surgery done through OSF and the Peoria Surgical Group in Peoria Illinois. They accept it for all doctor visits, the surgery, and the stay. You do however have to pay for the class (500$) out of pocket, unless you apply for a fee waiver through the  Riverplex- which is based on financial status.
Koposhi
on 1/16/08 2:36 pm - Decatur, IL
These people are very nice ( OSF and the Peoria Surgical Group in Peoria Illinois)and rather than tell you over the phone they do not accept Medicare Payment for Lapband they send you an information Package with a Bold notice on the second page of their flyer that Medicaid and Medicare for Lapband is not accepted. I was always told that if you did not accept Medicare that by Federal law you could not charge more than 15% over Medicare's Standard price for the area you live in. I think if this were true most could handle that. But I have been chasing this since early September. After Care is another problem, the Clinton, Illinois Doctor isn't Certified by Medicare's Certificate of Excellence , but does have an AfterCare site ($250.00 to join his group)in Champaign, Illinois called Safe Health or something like that if you are a long way from the place you have your surgery. Looks like I am headed for Detroit with the Beliteweight  people setting mine up and they do accept Medicare, provide transportation from the DTW Airport to the medical campus, up to three days stay in their on campus international Hotel for what Medicare pay's.Hope this helps some of you as I have spent many days and nights trying to track down spmeone in or near Decatur, Illinois (Center of the state) Koposhi
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5601 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5344 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5372 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5408 views