Sister moving to IL, needs surgeon

MelW1986
on 6/29/12 8:23 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/12
My older sister recently had the RNY gastric bipass in FL. Well life happened and she ended up having to move to IL. She is actually driving there now. I told her I would see what I could do to help her find a good surgeon in the area she will be in. She will be around Granite City/St. Lois. Any referals of good surgeons or tips of surgeons to stay away from would be awesome. Thank you guys!

ChristineB
on 6/30/12 3:48 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Sorry but I do not know of any surgeon's in that area. Has she gone in on the IL board under the Finda A Surgeon to see if there is a doc there that is in that area? Also, since she is close to St Louis she might want to try and post on the MO board.

Have her come in and join us on the daily roll call.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Esta F.
on 6/30/12 4:52 am - IL
RNY on 07/25/12
i live really close to Granite city and my surgeon is in St. Louis....Dr. Richard Follwell at St. Alexius Hospital....not too far at all!

Lisa Tucker
on 6/30/12 1:37 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Hi, Please have your sister join in on our  daily roll call. We would love to meet her

Barnes-Jewish  Hospital in St. Louis has a program, as well as others. She can look in the"Find a Surgeon", to see what doctors are in the area.

Lisa
MelW1986
on 6/30/12 2:56 pm - MN
RNY on 05/07/12
I am trying to get her to join this site. She has not yet. She had her surgery a couple of weeks after I had mine. Also I know that this site does not have ALL surgeons as mine is not listed. So I was hoping someone would have an idea of where she could go. I will let her know about the one in St. Lois. Do you know if IL state medical will pay for an out of state surgeon? That is another concern of hers if she has to go to St. Lois. Thanks for the help!

Esta F.
on 7/1/12 3:03 am - IL
RNY on 07/25/12
I have BCBS of Illinois and they are paying for my surgery.....

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5375 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5412 views