Recent Posts

LisaTucker
on 7/6/16 9:42 am - IL
Topic: Wednesday Roll Call

Good Morning, did we all get wakened up by the storms last night?

I am slightly peeved with Waste Management. When they emphtied the containers this morning, before 6, they left the lids open. No problem, other then when I went out to bring them in, they both had over an inch of water in them. All they needed to do was flip the lids back. I noticed I wasn't the only one as I looked up the street.

Nancy, the start and stop of PT, is because of the insurance companies. They dictate how many treatments a person can receive at a given time.

I am heading to the bank and lunch with friends. I lead such a dull life during the summer.

Have a great day and stay dry,

Hugs,

Lisa

Nancy G.
on 7/5/16 4:39 pm - La Salle, IL
Topic: RE: Tuesday Roll Call

Hello All 

It was a relatively quiet weekend for me.  Of course with Rick not here, it takes away the wish to go do something other than to go visit him which of course I did.  

We finally are seeing better improvement in the PT dept.  They seem to work on him and then forget him for weeks/months on end.  Well, they are back to giving regular PT!  I do hope that this time we see the progress necessary to get him able enough to come home!  He is at the last step and it is so frustrating that they quit working on him.  We get all kinds of excuses, staff changes, shift changes, therapist changes etc.  Whatever the excuse of the day is.  It doesn't help to push back.  GRR. 

Being back at work is good.  Half time is great.  Love the hours.  People are so thankful to have english speaking people back.  It is nice to be appreciated.  

The cats are semi behaving.  They are still up to their adventures and mischiefs.  I just shake my head at what they come up with.  It saddens me that Claude at around 15 is starting to show his age and is getting clingy which has me concerned that he may be at the end of his days.  He is such a special cat.  He is also getting grey.  I am not looking forward to that day.  

So my routine is just that, a routine.  Not much excitement here, just trying to stay afloat on a sea of challenges.  

Hope everyone has a great week!

Cat Lady

LisaTucker
on 7/5/16 3:52 pm - IL
Topic: RE: Tuesday Roll Call

Hi, We had a quiet weekend. We went out for dinner on Friday, stayed home on Saturday. Went to Yorkville Sunday, and worked around the house on Monday.

Streator's celebration isn't until this coming weekend. I know, it is weird.

We have been grilling out as much as possible. Hubert wants burgers on the grill tonight, to go with corn on the cob, potato salad and fruit salad. Its ok by me.

Have a great evening,

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 7/5/16 10:08 am - Joliet, IL
Topic: Tuesday Roll Call

Hello everyone

I need a weekend from my weekend.  I am tired.  I feel like I have been running to one get together or event to another all weekend.  Saturday and Sunday we didn't get home till well after midnight. 

Yesterday we got home at close to 10pm.  I wanted it to be earlier because we had to get up early for work.  But as it turned out it didn't matter.  Our whole subdivision was partaking in some partying in some form or another.  It was music and fireworks till late.  I am a person that can sleep through anything (and I mean anything) but the trick is falling asleep.  Which I did eventually.  But poor Greg is such a light sleeper.  He said that they were at it till way after midnight.  I mean it felt like the whole subdivision was lighting up.  We are surrounded by corn fields so you can see our neighborhood a few miles a away.  When we pulled on to the street the sky over our neighborhood was just filled with fireworks.  And it was bang-bang-bang every 10-20 seconds.  I feel sorry for the people with dogs.  So needless to say we are pooped. 

I did tell Greg when he kept "booking" us for more things to do during the weekend.  I said You know you're going to be sorry.  Well he is now.  LOL.  I will say we did have a good time though.  We went to Ravinia and it was my first time.  I can't wait to go again.  How fun to be at a concert and have a picnic...instead of just sitting in seats.  I loved it.  Believe it or not it was cold.  I brought a sweatshirt and a sleeping bag.  I was cozy.    

Greg's birthday is coming up.  We are going to his favorite restaurant Wednesday (even though his birthday is Thursday...he can't wait).  This weekend I am making him his favorite chocolate cake.  I am not a big chocolate cake fan ( I know I am weird).  So I won't be too tempted to over indulge.  I will have a small slice and that's all. 

So how was everyone's 4th of July weekend.  Great I hope.  See ya later        

LisaTucker
on 6/26/16 4:51 am - IL
Topic: Sunday Roll Call

Good Morning,

Karen, I hope you have a better weather day today, then you did yesterday. Up here in the northern half of the state, we had a great sunny day. Today is going to be 50/50.

I am heading outside to my front porch to drink my coffee. This is one of my special places to go first thing in the morning, this time of year. I will drink my coffee, andswing on my swing, and read a few pages of my current book.

Chicken is on the menu for tonight. Hopefully grilled. Filled chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

All I am going to do today is pick up  my scrapbooking stuff so I can take it to my daughters house on Tuesday. We are having a craft day. I don't know what she is working on at this time.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

Lisa

karenp8
on 6/23/16 11:07 am - Brighton, IL
Topic: RE: Thursday Roll Call

I am near Alton and we had no storms at all. It is very humid here today though and miserably hot too. Lily my pup and I got our walk in early at 530 am so that was good. Hope you have a good trip to St Louis,Lisa and are able to help your cousin. Enjoy your time with your friends too. I am doing housework today getting ready for my youngest son to fly in from Atlanta Saturday evening. He will spend 10 days here then head back. He's been in Atlanta area since August but was home for 3 days at Christmas. He is our helpful son so wee really miss him being here. He loves his job(just not his boss) and is doing well though. Better get off here and get to work Later!

crystal M.
on 6/23/16 7:52 am - Joliet, IL
Topic: RE: Thursday Roll Call

Hello everyone

We didn't get anything bad.  I mean it was strong thunder storm.  But nothing like the 60-80 mph winds and hail they predicted.  But we prepared.  We had the garbage cans in the garage.  The patio umbrella down.  Basically we put away everything that could blow away.  And not much happened.

Greg an avid storm watcher was all excited.  He had the radar going on his tablet and the windows open so he can watch the sky.  He was disappointed...LOL.  Ya.  He's the type you will see watching the tornado coming and running for cover at the last minute. 

I was joking with him because I was telling him the back room in the basement was the best place to go in case of a tornado (no windows).  He said...there are too many spiders back there.  I started laughing.  I said...when the tornado comes no big deal.  It's the big hairy spiders that we have to watch out for...OMG!!!  He hates spiders and I tease him about it.  LOL!!!! 

Never a dull moment here. 

Well back to work.  Have a good day all

LisaTucker
on 6/23/16 4:14 am - IL
Topic: Thursday Roll Call

Good Morning,

I hope everyone survived the storms last night. This morning it is foggy and damp.

We were unable to watch the 2 hour Big Brother last night. Chicago Channel 2 had a 2 hour weather report. It was going to be replayed at 12:20 last night. I taped it, also the one for tonight.

We are doing a quick overnight trip to St. Louis this afternoon. My Cousin Bob has some papers he needs help with. Hubert didn't want to put him off until we go in August. So I get to have dinner tonight with my 2 best friends feom childhood.

Have a great day,

Lisa

berts4
on 6/21/16 7:13 am - Rock City, IL
Topic: RE: WLS Friendly PCP in the Northwest Suburbs

Hi and Welcome!!!

Unfortunately, I can not help you, but some of the others that are from that area may be able.  I just wanted to welcome you and congratulate you on a decision that will change your life!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Nancy G.
on 6/20/16 6:45 pm - La Salle, IL
Topic: RE: Monday Roll Call

Hello Everyone!

Happy Monday!

Lisa, it sounds like you had a fabulous trip!  Wow, what a nice win on the boat!  You will have fun vacationing with your daughters!  Great idea.  By the way, I have some extra scrap book paper you can have if you want to stop by when you are in town.  I hate to throw it away.  

Karen, I love boxers and I am sure you love your dog.  They are so friendly.  I had the pleasure of seeing some full breeds at my groomers one day and they were gorgeous! 

Crystal, it sounds like you had a great weekend as well.  

Rick got a call from his son Gage from Japan for fathers day!  I was glad Gage remembered the day.  That made Rick feel good and his daughter Angela called as well.  I spent some time with him as well.  Gizmo declined but was mad when I got home that he didnt get to go see Daddy lol.  But I told him if he doesnt come when I call then he doesnt get to go. 

I made it through my first week back at work.  We were laughing as some said they had thrown away their notes.  I said I kept my notes but threw away my brain.    Something had told me that we would be back to not throw away anything.  

It is not full time but it works.  It keeps me out of trouble.  

Have a great week everyone!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1079 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5375 views