MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Mojo39
on 8/20/15 8:59 am
On August 19, 2015 at 10:26 PM Pacific Time, Donna456 wrote:

I have not had a personal experience with Dr Dominguez, however, my niece just underwent gastric sleeve with him.  She was overly pleased with him.  She did remarkable following surgery, no complications, hardly any pain and a quick recovery!  Best of luck with your surgery!  I chose Dr. Redmann so if you here anything about him, please let me know!  

Donna

Thank you so much for that info. You are the only one that has responded giving info on Dr Diminguez. I am thrilled to hear that she was pleased with him. :)

Mojo39
on 8/20/15 8:57 am
On January 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM Pacific Time, Lepplady wrote:
Medicaid recipients, you can call 1-800-259-4444. That's the community care help line. Listen to the menu, press 1 for english, then press 2 for the specialty care assistance referral service. They'll help you find a surgeon in your area that accepts Medicaid.

I'm having a VERY hard time finding a surgeon, but they're helping me. They've got an extensive list of bariatric surgeons and general surgeons that might be willing to perform the procedure. I'm still looking, but I thought I'd share the number with you. After calling around on my own and being so frustrated, it's wonderful having somebody to help me in my search.
Best of luck!

...and if you find somebody, please post so the rest of us can jump on board too!

Thank you for your response, however I have been in touch with Medicaid regarding PCP drs in my area and they provided a list. I picked a dr from their list during enrollment time and they sent my card with his name listed on it as my pcp dr. When I wanted to use him, I found out that he does not accept medicaid and was not abke to see him. In fact, noneof the Drs on their list accepted medicaid. Now I am in a very big bind bc I need a primary physician to recommend me for my surgery and I do not have one! So please, do not just go by their list. You must call each Dr. I'm positive Dr.Dominguez is the only Dr in Louisiana that accepts medicaid for the sleeve, however Im willing to bet that medicaid has several Drs listed. So BEWARE!!

sepha1082
on 8/20/15 9:21 am - Carencro, LA

Dr. Dominguez did my sleeve 8/4/15...he's AWESOME!!!

A-Alford0987
on 9/11/15 4:09 pm

I haven't had my appt yet but Dr. Dominguez is my surgeon. I live in north Louisiana and will be traveling 5 hours for the surgery. I haven't had experience with Dr. Dominguez personally but the patient coordinator is wonderful. She has helped me and answered every question I've had. 

Currently I am doing my 6 month supervised diet. 

Countrygirl985
on 7/31/16 4:59 pm

I'm doing my six months right now and seeing my pcp for the first five... Is that how you did yours or did you see a nutritionist? I'm just following what I was told I could do... I'm also using Dr Dominguez... Thanks,

rudysmom27
on 12/31/15 12:32 am - new iberia , LA

Dr perez and dr viglianco takes medicaid in thibodaux louisiana...I just had surgery there and I have amerigroup medicaid...very good drs 

fuslink
on 1/24/17 2:04 pm

Hi,

I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and am seeking a bariatric surgeon who accepts Medicare AND Medicaid locally. I am in desperate need as I have severe osteoarthritis in my hip and need a total hip replacement but orthopedist will not do surgery until I lose a considerable amount of weight. Can anyone help me?

Kathy S.
on 1/24/17 2:27 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You are in luck! We have helped several members in your state getting WLS with Dr. Dominguez. The only Medicaid he does not take is Louisiana Health Care Connection. We have had a few members switched their insurance if they had Louisiana Health Care Connection. Which LA Medicaid do you have?
Here is some information on Dr. Dominguez.

http://www.northlakesurgical.com/weight-loss-surgery

http://www.northlakesurgical.com/meet-our-doctors

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/mark-d ominguez/

Contact information:

Dr. Mark J. Dominguez, MD
Address: 606 W 11th Ave,
Covington, LA 70433
Phone:(985) 892-3766

Your next step would be to contact Cheryl (let her know you spoke with Kathy @ ObesityHelp.com) and schedule an appointment. Please stay in touch and let me know how things go once you speak with Cheryl.

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/17 6:40 am

This is very helpful to me as well. I have UnitedHealth Care through medicaid, is this one of the accepted insurances?

C.lee
on 7/11/17 11:36 pm

As of today 7-11-17 I was on my last month of getting my weight sheet filled out and the my PCP informed me she heard Dr Dominguez isn't doing the surgery anymore. So I called right there. And that's what they told me... I explained I've been doing this for all this time. And she said he left with no explanation....

Most Active