Is hair loss a side effect of having the lap-band?

spuddzy
on 2/16/11 5:50 am - NY
Yes it's been happaning to me...not a tremendous amount..but thank God I have thick hair. I asked my endocronolist and she said it does happan..Told me Biotin would help. I take 1 pill 5000 mi. Good luck!

spuddzy

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 1:01 pm - Australia
Improper diet is the number one reason to cause hair loss. that is the fact.
nancy702
on 10/12/11 6:46 am
can u still get hair loss after 3yrs of surgery? im currently losing hair after 3yrs and have been throwing up everything for the last 6-8  months
em1
on 7/26/13 7:57 am

throwing up like that..., not good.   pls. get yourself to your Dr. ASAP

pineview01
on 7/26/13 12:17 pm, edited 7/26/13 12:17 pm - Davison, MI

That was almost 2 years ago.  I'm sure it isn't a problem now

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Born Lucky
on 2/16/11 6:03 am
 Interesting when an old post like this gets revived.  Thinninghairhq who brought it back has no other posts and has a link to Nioxxin.  Hmmmm....

My 2 cents is that you may lose some hair after wls, but probably don't need any kind of supplement.  My hair started shedding at about the 3 month point, and continued for several months.  I never noticed much of a difference on my head, but I had a lot more hair in the shower drain, and on the bathroom floor after blow-drying.  Then, at some point (7-8 mo. out?), I started seeing all these little baby hairs coming back in.  

Tami
Most Active