Anyone having low blood sugar levels

Linda G.
on 5/21/05 10:46 am - Silver Spring, MD
I had my wls on August 16, 2002. I have been having los blood sugar levels. When they hit I have to get something to eat to bring it back up. I just hate it when it drops like that. So I have been eating more to keep from getting the lows. In doing that I have gained some of my weight back. Just this week I have quit eating to keep from getting the lows. So far so good. I think the doctor is going to run some test to make sure that someting else is not coming up on me. Any one have any suggestions on what I can do to keep from getting the lows. Or do I just treat it when it decides to go south? Thanks in advance, Linda Dr. Paul Lin 8/16/02 278/170/130 my goal
Rae Smiles
on 5/21/05 12:30 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Linda, yes, I too have been having the same problem....but guess what, I had this problem before when I was thin(ner)....the way I combat it is to eat every few hours...it doesn't take a lot to bring up my blood sugar....I eat 5-6 mini meals each day....and if I go longer than about 3 hours I get cranky, light headed and I can not concentrate...and oh yeah, I get the shakes.... My doctor wants to do glucose testing on me soon.... Eat every few hours, but it doesn't have to be a BIG meal....a piece of cheese and 2 saltines, a few slices of lunchmeat and a piece of cheese....excellent dipped in some spicy mustard... anyway, you get the idea... best of luck...and if you figure out the solution...please share it... RAE
walter A.
on 5/23/05 10:34 am - lafayette, NJ
remember diabetes is a tricky little desease it can make some people fat while it starve others. its cause and effects come from several different things. be careful of the lows. they are the killers, you may want to carry some glucose tabs with u, that way u get the glucose, fast,without the fat, sodium in a measured amout, as opposed to a candy bar, 3 tabs will bring a adult out of semi counsious state with only 45 calories.
Linda G.
on 5/23/05 11:10 am - Silver Spring, MD
Walter, I know about the glucose tabs. I have had to take them three times in the past two weeks. It droped twice today. This am it went down to 60, this afternoon it went down to 68. It has gone down as low as 46. I know that is too low. The normal is (70-120) I have a call into the doctor. I haven't heard back from them yet. If I haven't heard from them by tomrrow I will call them back. This sucks big time I hate the lows. They sure are not fun, I have heard alot of talk about the protien drinks. I haven't found one that I can handle yet. I have tried a lot of them too. The nutritionist said that I should get my protien from reg food not from the drinks or bars.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1839 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2790 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4005 views