First 5K Run Tomorrow

rjsams
on 4/8/11 12:52 am - Eagan, MN
Wow!  I can't believe the day is almost here.  I am running in my first 5K race tomorrow morning.  For those of you at coffee at 8:30, think of me.  :-)

Hope I can finish--I know I can walking, but I'd like to run most of it. 

Paul H.
on 4/8/11 3:08 am - Eagan, MN
 I'll be thinking of you. Is that the "Get in Gear" 5k?
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

rjsams
on 4/8/11 3:30 am - Eagan, MN
It's the Challenge Obesity 5K at Como Park.  Appropriate, no?

They have prizes for people who have lost a certain amount of weight, etc.  It's run by a charitable group promoting the benefits of exercise for various diseases:  there's a whole series of these Challenge Rx Exercise all summer.

DragonGirl
on 4/8/11 3:59 am - MN
I wish you all the luck I can!! I'm doing a 5k in Blaine tomorrow also. I'm not a runner and I have a knee that gets sore on occasion, so it's a fast paced walk for me!

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate! Yay!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
rjsams
on 4/8/11 5:47 am - Eagan, MN

I have knee issues too, so I'm sure I will be walking some of it.  Good luck on your race!!

Jessica A.
on 4/8/11 7:11 am - Auburn, AL
Good luck!  I'm proud of you.  :)

Julie6
on 4/8/11 9:21 am
Good for you Renae.  We'll be on the "Sidelines" cheering for you.
Julie Sadek    
rjsams
on 4/9/11 2:15 am - Eagan, MN
 I finished!  Woot!  

I walked more than I planned to, but I still finished in less than 40 minutes, which is about what I thought my pace should be.  It is definitely harder to run outside than it is on the treadmill!

The first 100 bib numbers were reserved for people who have lost over 20 lbs.  #1 was a guy who lost over 200 lbs, then #2 was a woman who has lost 165, then I was #3.  I did manage to lap the old lady with the cane anyway.  

I'm going to train for another one for the next 5 weeks, and try to run the whole thing.  We'll see...

Jessica A.
on 4/9/11 3:04 am - Auburn, AL
Congrats!  You are an inspiration.  I need to get my tush moving!  :)

DragonGirl
on 4/11/11 5:00 am - MN
I finished too! I walked the whole thing, but the weather was perfect for it!
It's my goal to walk/run one every month until the last one in December...the Reindeer Run.
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1384 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1151 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2623 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2704 views