Out of my comfort zone!

Jessica A.
on 5/22/11 12:06 am, edited 5/22/11 12:07 am - Auburn, AL
 I am taking a leap here and posting a pic exposing my middle.  I have come so far in just a few months and every day I gain more confidence.  I have never been happier with my body image and every day am I so greatful to have the opportunity to get this tool and use it correctly.  Thanks for all the support you all have given me and continue to give.  

Jessy

Dave T.
on 5/22/11 2:17 am - MN
Congrats on the continued success.  It really is a amazing ride that I never want to end.

Jessica A.
on 5/22/11 5:19 am - Auburn, AL
 Thanks Dave.  It really is.  Now that I feel the way I do, I realize how miserable i've been for years.  It really has changed me inside and out!

wert
on 5/22/11 2:40 am - MN
Wow! Are you doing 10 sit-ups a day or what? 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Jessica A.
on 5/22/11 5:17 am - Auburn, AL
 Funny!  No I haven't been.  I honestly have not regularly been exercising yet.  But I am more active now that I don't have that extra weight to get in the way.  I have been unemployed for over 2 years and a lot of sitting around and being depressed and snacking did not help my situation before surgery.  I recently got a job and will be starting it soon and it's physically demanding and it's hotter than heck in there so I can expect to be dropping some more lbs in the first few weeks and get some muscle toning too.  I am so thrilled to finally be healthier, skinnier, and have a job.  A lot of positives have been happening in my life lately and it feels good!

Darla S.
on 5/23/11 12:22 am - Maple Grove, MN
YAY YOU!  I have to assume that feeling better about yourself translated into a more positive job interview, too - CONGRATS!

(Oh - and you look GREAT in your pic!)

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Jessica A.
on 5/23/11 6:36 am - Auburn, AL
 Thanks Darla.  Yes I have to admit that my weight isn't on the top of my mind anymore when I have to meet people in new situations.  The old me was so self-conscious about everything!!

rjsams
on 5/23/11 12:38 am - Eagan, MN
Good for you, you look great!

Funny how when you feel better about yourself, the positives start to pile up.  Attitude is everything, isn't it?

Jessica A.
on 5/23/11 6:39 am - Auburn, AL
 Thanks so much Renae!  It sure is.  I can tell now wherever I go that I walk with confidence.  I have always been a positive smily person but often didn't make eye contact with people because I was so self-conscious about how I looked and was sure that people were only looking at me because I was big.  A lot of that I know was all in my head but now I know better.  I have always been painfully shy but i've always been overweight.  I have probably 100% more confidence now than I have ever had.  It's pretty amazing.  

nikkii76
on 5/23/11 10:39 am - Eden Prairie, MN
You look amazing, I am still very worried about showing my mid-section I'm guessing because of the stretch marks I have from 3 children. You do look great and I wish my tummy looked that good!

~~ Nikkii76 ~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1413 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1166 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2634 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2713 views