Race Report: Big Woods Run 10K

rjsams
on 10/16/11 11:44 am, edited 10/17/11 12:29 am - Eagan, MN
I decided to do the Big Woods Run 10K race last Saturday. I didn't realize until it was nearly here that this was a trail run, not a road run. Fun, I thought, completely forgetting what an unadulterated clod I am.

So, I did the run last Saturday morning. I managed to fall not once, but TWICE, on the trail during the run. Both times I ended up completely prone on the ground, the second time was a literally face-plant on the trail. (Had to wash dirt off my face after the finish.) Despite those moments of complete grace (hey, the trail was covered with leaves--you couldn't see tree roots, stumps and rocks) I did finish the race. I ran the whole way, except for a few feet after each fall where I checked to see that all the parts were there and working.

Anyway, I missed you all at coffee, but you can imagine what fun I was having while you were drinking coffee and chatting. :-) I think coffee group would result in fewer sore body parts, LOL.

Julie6
on 10/16/11 11:46 pm
Good for you Renae!  You are definitely adventurous.  I think after falling my first thought would be, "I hope nobody saw me."  Hoping that I fell elegantly.  If there is such a thing.
Julie Sadek    
rjsams
on 10/17/11 12:32 am - Eagan, MN
Sadly, I'm quite sure that neither of my falls were elegant.  Or graceful.  They weren't even painful, at least at the time.  Yesterday was a different story, LOL. 

But I'm glad I did it.  Thankfully, other runners are more in the "there but the grace of God" camp than in the "point and laugh" camp.  We're all sitting around afterward, sweaty and smelly and eating lunch--it's kind of a big club.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views