binge

debim3
on 1/8/12 8:59 am - Roberts, WI
Well, off and on for the last few months I've had bingeing episodes, not too bad, but they have concerned me.  Last night was the worst.  I had a really BAD day and even worse night.  I tried calling a friend, went for a walk, read a book, tried everything to not binge.  It did not work.  I ate until I dumped, rode out the dump, then ate more.  The only thing that stopped it was 2 tylenol PMs to put me to sleep.

I need to be accountable.  I've been saying that for a while, but haven't done my part.  So, here I am doing my part - I'm confessing that my eating disorder is back with a vengeance.  But the difference is, this time I have tools to help me and I am going to use them.  I don't want to go back to who I was before.

Thanks for letting me vent and confess...
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

cocomaki
on 1/8/12 8:20 pm
 Hi!  Gee, I don't know if I'll be any help.  I'm still in the beginning of my nutritionist's visits in the second of six months before I even have surgery.  I know I was struggling right off the bat.  There was chocolate ice cream in the frig and I obsessed about it all day yesterday. I finally gave in last night and had a huge bowl with half and half on it.  After I was all done, I  realized what the answer was for me.  Into the sink went the rest of the gallon.  I ran it under ho****er till it all melted and went down the drain.  Next, I threw all the chips and and dip in the trash.  I used to think "out of sight" was out of mind.  Not so!  I feel better now and a whole lot wiser.  Hope this helps!  Coco
rjsams
on 1/9/12 12:02 am - Eagan, MN
The fact that you are recognizing it, confessing and posting here is a really good step!  I agree with Coco, the only way I can stop from obsessing over some foods is to get them away from me--running water on them, throwing them in the garbage (and taking the garbage out of the house), feeding them to the dog, whatever it takes.  Sometimes I need to leave the house and go do something that keeps my mind off of food.  Sounds like you tried some of that.

Hang in there--you have conquered this before and you have the power to conquer it again!  You can do it!!

debim3
on 1/9/12 2:03 am - Roberts, WI
Thank you.  It just scares me to see the scale head up instead of down.  I'm feeling better today.  I've been off school for a couple of weeks and that has not helped.  Classes start back up on Wed and I'll be gone 5 days a week, so that will help.

Thank you

Connie D.
on 1/11/12 12:05 am
Debi...you aren't alone...I am struggling with that big time!!

I am hoping to get it back in control when I move back to MN on the 21st. I won't have all this wonderful cooking and extra carbs around. I have been so stressed out for months now. My depression has been so bad too. I need a change and I am the one that needs to make it!

Once I get settled in MN we can maybe help each other be more accountable. Lets think about that okay.

HUGS....connie d
debim3
on 1/11/12 6:37 am - Roberts, WI
Connie,
I understand what you are feeling.  My situation may be different, but I am having a lot of the same issues.  Please contact me when you get settled...

I'm praying for a safe return for you...good weather, safe travel.

Hugs to you too,
Debi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1378 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1149 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2621 views
10+ years out -