Week 3 weigh-in, already I need a kick in the butt

rjsams
on 1/17/12 12:43 am - Eagan, MN
Wow, I am going in the wrong direction!  I know that I have been making poor choices, so it is no surprise, but still very disheartening.  I need to kick myself in the butt on my eating.

I'm still exercising, although I think I need to ramp up the intensity, or try something else to change things up.  I might try going back to deep water aerobics.  But it is the eating that is out of control--I ran 8 miles over the weekend, and still packed on the weight!!

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 141.8 lbs
This week: 144.8
Gain of 3.0 lbs!!!   YIKES!!!

I know that portion control is a problem--I need to get back to measuring my food--it's really easy to put that extra 1/4 or 1/2 a cup of something on your plate.  I also have been having trouble with late-night snacking--Paul, I hear you on this one.  I was doing one late-night snack;  it has devolved into almost continuous eating.  Time to nip that in the bud. 

How are things going for everyone else?  Somebody reassure me that this can be turned around!!

Paul H.
on 1/17/12 1:51 pm - Eagan, MN
  Never give up Renee! The challenge is with us each day. I am sure if you keep up the running that you will be balanced and OK. Aren't there extra endorphins in there somewhere for you?
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

debim3
on 1/18/12 8:16 am - Roberts, WI
This can be turned around...I'm working on that right now.

Last week 158
Today 155.5

Sometimes I have no problem, some days I shove as much in as I can.  I decided I had to get control over my binging also. So, I tried dieting and failed.  So, I decided to do just one thing..my one thing was to not buy candy. Then I decided to write down everything I eat...as I've heard it before BLT every Bite, Lick, and Taste.  That has been the biggest help because I do NOT want to write down a binge. I also have someone that I meet with once a week (on Fridays) and I share my food log and weight chart with her.

I'm hoping that after a few weeks I can do it on my own again, but until I feel 100% confident, I will keep doing this.  My next "one thing" I want to add is to walk everyday, even if it's just a mile.

You can do this...it is hard, but you can do this.  Lean on us for support!

Keep posting...
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

rjsams
on 1/19/12 12:36 am - Eagan, MN
I like your plan, Deb.  Sounds like you are breaking it down into baby steps--I do find that helps to change behaviors.

This week has been much better.  I am also writing everything down, and carefully measuring, and limiting my late-night snacks.  It has made me feel much better!  I also went to Deep Water Aerobics on Tuesday evening, which is a great workout.  I've exercised every day this week, and twice on Tuesday. 

Anyway, I am down to 142.5 this morning, so it is making a difference.  Just gotta keep on plugging away, right? 

debim3
on 1/19/12 5:08 am - Roberts, WI
Great job!! I wish I could exercise more, but there are a couple things that get in the way...1) I hate it ha ha, 2) between school and homework and everyday life I am just so tired.  I guess I'm not motivated enough to make it a priority right now.  I tend to do better when it's warmer...

Keep up the great work!
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Connie D.
on 1/19/12 12:16 am
Hang in there Renee...you can do it!!

HUGS...connie d
redsnapper1975
on 1/19/12 8:06 am
You'll get there Renee!  I keep hearing how tough maintanance is... can't say I'm excited about that, but I do realize the struggle is going to be forever.  PM snacking is tough.  I wish I had some advice for you- maybe decide it's only liquids after a certain time?  Have a good week- we're all on your team!  Hope to see you at coffee.  :)
~ Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views