President's Day Monday weigh-in

rjsams
on 2/20/12 12:17 am - Eagan, MN
Good morning, all!  I hope you are having a good day, and had a great weekend.  Mine certainly turned out better than last week.  I think my mileage is finally catching up with the scale--about time, too.  I ran 22.7 miles total last week, and I've already done 10+ miles this week.  It's feeling surprisingly good, so hopefully my fitness is really improving.  After 7+ miles this morning, I felt like I could have kept going.  Maybe a half-marathon is not quite as crazy as it sounds for this former couch potato.

This week's stats:

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 143.0 lbs
This week: 137.7
Loss of 5.3 lbs, WOOT!

Now I'm back to where I'd like to stay, so here's hoping I can keep maintaining.

Don't forget about our team for the Obesity Challenge 5K in April!  Doesn't matter how fast or slow you walk or run--the good news is that everybody who moves their body for 5K burns pretty much the same number of calories, regardless of speed.  So go ahead and sign up--we will have a blast!

redsnapper1975
on 2/20/12 8:37 am
That's awesome, Renea! 

I was down 1.8 this week.  Not bad considering I have been dealing with Valentine's chocolate and Girl Scout cookies!

I've got about 7 pounds to go before I am merely overweight- my next goal.  :)

~ Kim

rjsams
on 2/20/12 8:58 am - Eagan, MN
Super job, Kim!  You are doing great.

Did you find any bargains at Savers today?

redsnapper1975
on 2/20/12 10:21 am
Thanks!  Yes, I found 2 pairs of jeans (nice enough that I can wear to work), a pair of Talbots dress pants, 2 tops, and a bunch of tanks/camis for $33!  :)  Plus I unloaded a bunch of donations too- all around good trip.
~ Kim

Julie6
on 2/22/12 11:06 pm
On February 20, 2012 at 8:17 AM Pacific Time, rjsams wrote:
Good morning, all!  I hope you are having a good day, and had a great weekend.  Mine certainly turned out better than last week.  I think my mileage is finally catching up with the scale--about time, too.  I ran 22.7 miles total last week, and I've already done 10+ miles this week.  It's feeling surprisingly good, so hopefully my fitness is really improving.  After 7+ miles this morning, I felt like I could have kept going.  Maybe a half-marathon is not quite as crazy as it sounds for this former couch potato.

This week's stats:

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 143.0 lbs
This week: 137.7
Loss of 5.3 lbs, WOOT!

Now I'm back to where I'd like to stay, so here's hoping I can keep maintaining.

Don't forget about our team for the Obesity Challenge 5K in April!  Doesn't matter how fast or slow you walk or run--the good news is that everybody who moves their body for 5K burns pretty much the same number of calories, regardless of speed.  So go ahead and sign up--we will have a blast!
Renae, you never cease to amaze me.  But you definitely deserve every success you get.  All that running is amazing.  Good for you!  Happy for you!  Keep it up.
Julie Sadek    
rjsams
on 2/23/12 1:09 am - Eagan, MN
Hey Julie, long time no see!  Are you coming to coffee sometime soon?  We miss you!

You should walk with us in our April walk/run.  It will be a fun day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views