Gloomy spring Monday weigh-in--but flowers on the way!

rjsams
on 3/26/12 1:01 am - Eagan, MN
Good Monday morning, everyone.  Time to check in, take that look back on your actions last week and see how they show up on the scale. 

For me, I'm up for the second week in a row, but still not too upset about it.  I ran a lot of miles this weekend, and so yesterday I was ravenous.  I ate everything in sight!!  I usually do better during the week.

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 140.5 lbs
This week: 141.4
Gain of 0.9 lbs.

Paul:  mileage from 3/18 through 3/24 was 25.7.  That's running only--I don't normally include the mileage from the elliptical, but if that will provide you with more of a challenge, I will.    Additional mileage on the elliptical was 7.3 miles, for a total of 33 miles.  Time to get on your bike!!

Race report:  I did run the Lake Johanna 4 mile race on Saturday.  I was thrilled with my results--winter training is paying off!  I ran the 4 miles in 38:07, which is 9:26 pace, fastest yet for me.  Best of all was that every mile was faster than the last mile, including the third mile, which is mostly uphill.  One of my goals for the year is to break 30 minutes in a 5K race.  If I can match that pace in our 5K on April 21st, I will achieve that goal--so fingers-crossed. 

Unfortunately, yesterday I was supposed to run a long run--10 miles, my first time running that distance.  I could not do it--my right knee seized up on my about mile 7 and I quit at 8.2 miles.  Oh well, best laid plans... I have to remind myself how far I've come and not be mad when my body reminds me of that. 

If you haven't yet signed up for our team for the Challenge Obesity 5K, please do so!  Everyone is welcome!! We want to have a crowd there.  It will be a gorgeous April morning (I'm predicting the spring weather, hah!) to be out walking or running around Como Lake.  Our team is the "Formerly Fat Friends" and the password is "coffee."  Price is $25 through April 15th:  http://www.charitieschallenge.org/html/challenge_obesity_5k.html

Have a great week, everyone!

Paul H.
on 3/26/12 2:30 pm - Eagan, MN
 Thanks Renee, I did a bit over 26 on the bike and 4 on the treadmill. I rode my bike to Menard's of all places. I turned around 3 times before I committed to going the distance. I was glad I made the trip. had some really good tunes on the way home and felt much better on the hills than last week.
   So I will commit to 26+ for this coming week
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

redsnapper1975
on 3/27/12 9:33 am
Down 1.4 this week.  Started walking again, and gotta keep this trend going!  Have a great week, everybody!
~ Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views