End of April Weigh-in--here come those May flowers!

rjsams
on 4/30/12 12:41 am - Eagan, MN
Good Monday morning, everyone! 

I am happy to report that I am walking, NOT limping, today, after running my first half-marathon on Saturday.  WOOT!  We did it, 13.1 miles in the cold, windy rain.  I even brought my finisher's medal to work today to show it off,   I didn't take it off at all on Saturday.

My weight is still up from last week--I took the carb-loading seriously, LOL.  But I did actually burn quite a bit off--there's something wonderful to be said for a sport that burns almost 1500 calories in one race.

Starting weight:  298.4
Last week: 137.9
This week: 140.7
Gain of 2.8 lbs this week

Paul:  since my knee was wonky mid-week, and I was tapering for the race, my mileage is down a bit.  Of course, I do get to count Saturday.  So run mileage for the week was 25 miles on the dot.  I also did elliptical on one day for an additional 3.7 miles. 

So everybody, we need to decide on a new 5K goal:  The Twin Cities Mile has been suggested, also the Torchlight 5K in July.  I also know there's a couple of free 5Ks coming up--Ben Davis will be in town with his "Do Life" tour on May 29th, and he'll have a free 5K run that evening.  If you're not familiar with him, he lost 120 lbs on his own, started running and does motivational speaking.  His website is: bendoeslife.tumblr.com/

There is also the Eagan 5K Your Way on May 19th.  Check out www.cityofeagan.com/events for the scoop on that one.  Lots of good kid activities at that event, too.

Marsha F.
on 4/30/12 4:03 am
WAY to GO woman........ That is AWESOME.......... I am so proud of you keep up the great work.................

Marsha

redsnapper1975
on 5/1/12 9:38 am
I made my goal this week to no longer be obese- yay!!!!!!!  I was so close last week.  This week I was down 2 more pounds and so have made the goal and surpassed it a bit which feels good.  Next goal is 175, about 8 more pounds.  I don't really have an end goal in mind, so at this point, we'll just see how things go I guess...

~ Kim

rjsams
on 5/1/12 12:07 pm - Eagan, MN
Congrats, Kim, that is an awesome milestone!  Way to go!

redsnapper1975
on 5/1/12 9:39 am
So inspirational!  Just think of how FIT you are compared to before- AMAZING!!!
~ Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views