Post-Mom's Day weigh-in, not just for mothers!

rjsams
on 5/14/12 1:17 am - Eagan, MN
I had a lovely Mother's Day--hope you all did, too.  Got to give my mom love and hugs, and received love and hugs from my kids.   So all is well. 

Gotta report for accountability, tho.  I'm still struggling to feel 100% since my half-marathon.  Don't know if it's my old body, if it's vitamin-deficiency or just normal recovery, but I can't seem to get back to how I felt before the race.  It isn't stopping me from wanting to continue eating carbs, tho--Grrr! 

Starting weight:  298.4
Last week: 141.9
This week: 142
Gain of 0.1 lbs this week

I'm not worried about the weight-gain so much, but I don't like that my running feels so difficult.  I did 18.1 miles last week, Paul, plus two days on the elliptical for another 7 miles or so.  So much for my goal of running over 25 miles each week in May.  NOT gonna happen.  I'll be happy to get over 20 miles this week.

My DD talked me into signing up for a Triathlon, instead of the Red White and Boom half-marathon on the 4th of July.  So now I have to start biking and swim training, too.  Maybe the cross-training will bring back my mojo!

Have a great week, everyone!

redsnapper1975
on 5/14/12 5:38 am
Hope you're feeling back to your normal self soon!

I was down all week about a half pound or so, but of course this AM I was up .8.  I know some of this is me and my own choices, but I was surprised it hit me all at once like that- on the day I record my weight- of course!

Got me back to recording my intake on myfitnesspal.  Hopefully I'll turn it back around and have a nice loss next week!  :)

Have a good week, all!

~ Kim

rjsams
on 5/14/12 6:14 am - Eagan, MN
In some ways that's why I like Monday as a weigh-in day.  I am at my worst on weekends, when I don't have the automatic programming of my day that work provides.  So on Monday morning I need to face the music.  Still, it can really be discouraging.

Logging intake is a good habit--I still log my food everyday.  I need to get better about logging in the evening, tho.  Sometimes I let the nighttime logging slide, and I probably eat too much at night.  It's always something....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2701 views