Voice in the Wilderness Weigh-in post

rjsams
on 3/18/13 12:57 am - Eagan, MN

Last time I posted my weigh in was 3/4/13, and I was at 141.9, I think.  Today I am at 138.4, which is much more where I want to be.  I prefer to stay under 140.  I wish there was some magic trick that would keep me hovering here--I did the hard work to get here, why does it have to be so hard to STAY here?  Grrr.  Story of our lives.

My run mileage has been increasing, and I think that's reflected in my numbers.  I worry if I ever get injured and can't run, that I will pack on the pounds.  Anybody else have that same fear?  Plus I think I'd be very crabby if I couldn't run--you probably wouldn't want to be around me. 

I hope this is the last gasp of winter, so it will be easier to get outside and do stuff.  I am ready for spring!!

Darla S.
on 3/18/13 5:51 am - Maple Grove, MN

I finally joined a fitness center that just opened up in my hick town!  Haven't been a member of any kind of health club for more than half my life - so far, I'm really enjoying it, I pray I will stick with my 12 visits per month!  My daughter joined with me, and she seems to be very excited to do something about her weight issue, so I will do everything I possibly can to keep her motivated and excited!  (Tanning is included - so that's a bonus!  Not that I'm going to become the next 'tanning mom' or anything, but it's nice to get a bit of color when you're feeling all washed out.

So far, I'm doing the treadmill and recumbent bike, and the 7 dual-duty weight machines.  I don't see myself ever running, too much damage to my knee and back from years of obesity and a nasty car accident 16 years ago - but it feels good to do the intervals on the machine.  If I start to hurt, I don't have to turn around and go back however far I've gone, just get off the machine!

Anyway, I'm ready for winter to be over, too.  Bah, humbug.  BRING ME SOME GREENERY!!!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

rjsams
on 3/18/13 7:51 am - Eagan, MN

It is definitely an advantage of the treadmill, that you're not stuck miles from home when you get tired or hurt yourself.  Also, you're always near a bathroom, which is a bonus in my case. 

On the other hand, there's something to be said for having to continue with your walk/run in order to get home, LOL.  There are probably many times I would have quit when I really could go on.  Mind over body--sometimes we really need to play tricks on ourselves to pu****

Sounds like you've got a great plan going.  I'd love a bit of tan right now, too.  When will we ever see the sun??

Diamond Girl
on 3/18/13 8:26 am, edited 3/18/13 8:26 am - Ham Lake, MN

Great job, RJSams! Continued success and run mileage be your's!

I am maintaining, but have noticed my pants feeling a little snugger than I'd personally like as this winter drags on. SO ready to be outside on clear roads and in lush green parks!

Dudette
on 3/19/13 2:50 pm, edited 3/19/13 2:51 pm - Edina, MN

I haven't posted here in ages. I used to religiously use the weight tracker tool here daily (have it bookmarked as a favorite****il I totally stalled 9 mos. ago. After that, there was nothing new to report (other than losing and gaining the same 5 lbs.)

Well... the scale has started to move again. Maybe running four 5K races in 17 days had something to do with it. 

The scale hit 163.5 this morning. That's an all-time low post DS surgery for me.

rjsams
on 3/20/13 1:52 am - Eagan, MN

You've been a crazy racer lately, no doubt that really helps!  I know it's much easier for me to stay motivated if I am toeing up to a start line in the near future.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1369 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views