Recent Posts

dreamcatchers
on 4/9/10 5:01 am - South Glens Falls, NY
Topic: RE: Good Morning NY!
Kim,

I am waiting for my shipments of both samples.

I tried a sample of Syntrax Matrix vanilla this morning  and it was gross. I only used a little of my sample so I could at least put the rest in my Peanut Butter Protein balls. Just used my vanilla protein, a handful of bare naked protein granola stuff , scoop of peanut butter and a squirt of honey. Made it to balls(tbsp) and put in fridge. Great snack to just pop in for some protein! YUM! 

Contemplating going out to dinner tonight. I am in the mood for ribs!
We'll see.

See ya,
Lisa
Kimmeroo
on 4/9/10 4:04 am
RNY on 09/14/10 with
Topic: RE: Good Morning NY!
Hi Lisa..Hello everyone in NY! :)
Well it is afternoon already..the days go by so fast! I had some hot blackberry tea this morning..I love coffee but it has been bothering my stomach. It is cool and dreary here too..they are talking SNOW(OH NO they didn't) tonight! UGH! Trying to eat like I have had surgery so when it does come it will be a routine already! :) You would think that I'd lose some weight..no dice..got weighed for the second month and stayed the same.UGH! Story of my life..that's why wls it is! :) Well NYers..have a great day despite the weather! :)

Kim..P.S...I love the Protein Freeze! Yummy!

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

Kimmeroo
on 4/9/10 1:18 am
RNY on 09/14/10 with
Topic: RE: Surgery date is April 13
No..I am in Boonville..about 30 mintes from Utica and 1.5 hours from Syracuse. I hope to use Dr.Fitzer...Nice to meet you!:)

Kim

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

dreamcatchers
on 4/9/10 1:16 am - South Glens Falls, NY
Topic: Good Morning NY!
Hello friends,

Dark and dreary here today. We were supposed to have a baseball game but it got cancelled.

I hit a few garage sales this morning and was able to find some cute brand name clothing for $1.00 each!! I am telling you the best place to shop during your weight loss journey are garage sales!! I have picked up the majority of my clothes this way and consignment. Sometimes I don't even want to spend consignment prices when I get such great deals at garage sales!
I spent $9.00 today and got : little jean dress (keyword little), 2 pair of pants, new with tags on stretch exercise pants (), 3 cute tops, and a big flowered bag/pocketbook.
I can't wait to hit some more tomorrow!!

How is everyone doing?? I haven't had any breakfast yet...just been sipping on some coffee.Mmmm....rainy, damp day and coffee.

Oh, order some free samples of protein at:: Gotein Get a sample pack - $3.00  TOTALLY WORTH it.

I pulled this from the main board where MM posted. I hope you don't mind Beth.

click on pink spot.

Not sure why this is still yellow.       

Also, Protein Freeze:    http://www.freeproteinfreeze.com/

OK, can't stand the yellow so.........TTFN,
Lisa
dreamcatchers
on 4/9/10 12:52 am - South Glens Falls, NY
Topic: RE: Recruiting NYer's
Thanks Maryellen,

Just did this morning! I will go back and do some reading later.

Lisa
nld3328
on 4/8/10 10:17 pm - Rochester, NY
Great idea!
I check the NY boards to see if there are people in my area with my surgeons office.  I am less than a month pre op and always researching.
Thanks for starting this!
~nicole

Maryellen R.
on 4/8/10 8:36 pm - Sayville, NY
Topic: Quote of the Day
 QUOTE OF THE DAY...

Knowledge helps you make a living; wisdom helps you make a life. - Chinese Proverb 
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Maryellen R.
on 4/8/10 8:34 pm - Sayville, NY
 YAY ladies.....WTG!!!!!!

ok, just want you to know that we LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) are here for virtual support as well as on Facebook.  If you'd like to join our free group on FB click here

www.facebook.com/pages/LIPO-Long-Island-Post-Ops/36931585230 0

Thanks Kim, Lisa and everybody else here on the NY Forum.....together....WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

XOXOXOOXOOXOOXOXO
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

SCARLETTE01
on 4/8/10 4:30 pm - Buffalo, NY
Hello and thanks.
R u in Buffalo?
which Dr?
I will post again.
Thanks
SCARLETTE01
on 4/8/10 4:28 pm - Buffalo, NY
On April 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM Pacific Time, Lisa C. wrote:
Hi Scarlette,
I too decided to go with the RNY rather than the lap band and am using Synergy Bariatrics as well!  I am both excited and scared, I have my first appointment with Dr. Caruana on May 13th.   I decided to have the procedure done open vs lap so that Dr. Caruana can do it,  my girlfriend that I worked with used Dr. Pham and is four years out, still looking and feeling great... she is down 160 from a high of 310... definately inspiration... what date did you meet with Dr. Pham for the first time?
Lisa
I met with him Jan 9, but met with the psychologist and nutritionist before that.
My original date was March 9, but was canceled because I had more testing to do.
Once the testing was done, this date came pretty fast.
Dr Pham is awesome, and I am so ready for this.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Most Active
Recent Topics