Recent Posts

carmeldip32
on 4/7/10 10:23 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Topic: RE: WLS knowledgeable PCP in NYC
Thank you, I will look into his practice. I had my surgery done in Nov 08, I just want a new pcp.
HW-346/SW-294/CW-158/GW-160
Be Blessed
Deirdre

"Your life becomes the thing you have decided it shall be."
– Raymond Charles Barker 
Lisa C.
on 4/7/10 9:28 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
Topic: Finally, a date with the Surgeon!!!

I am so excited to finally have an appointment with my surgeon, even tho is is not until May 13th.  Now, I am also panicked, scared, and wondering what the heck I am doing... I know a few gals who have had the surgery already with the same group and tell me I am normal to feel this way, I just think about the re-routing that will be happening with my innards and think I must be crazy!  Anyway, this experience has been a long, drawn out affair somewhat, I have curiously been looking into WLS since Carnie Wilson made it famous, yes, that long ago!  Always thinking that I could lose this extra 130 on my own, but never being able these last 20 years (wow, did I say 20 years!!) my poor body!  Anyway, I am 52, very tired from carrying around this extra weight and finally came to the realization that I would never be on the Biggest Loser or be a biggest loser, be successful for any period of time with Weigh****chers and that if I truly wanted to lose the weight it would have to be via surgical methods.  The important thing is to lose the weight, not how, I guess.  Just VERY nervous, and VERY large... :0
sorry to ramble,
Lisa 

Lisa C.
on 4/7/10 8:53 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
Topic: RE: Surgery date is April 13
Hi Scarlette,
I too decided to go with the RNY rather than the lap band and am using Synergy Bariatrics as well!  I am both excited and scared, I have my first appointment with Dr. Caruana on May 13th.   I decided to have the procedure done open vs lap so that Dr. Caruana can do it,  my girlfriend that I worked with used Dr. Pham and is four years out, still looking and feeling great... she is down 160 from a high of 310... definately inspiration... what date did you meet with Dr. Pham for the first time?
Lisa
Lisa C.
on 4/7/10 8:50 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
Topic: RE: looking for people to talk with in the buffalo area
I just started the journey for WLS too, I have all my paperwork in and have an appt. with a surgeon on May 13th.  I am not sure if you have researched surgeons yet, but Synergy Bariatrics in Buffalo is a center for excellence and has done well over 1,000 surgeries with great results, that is who I am going with, I am having the open RNY.  Looked into the band, but decided it was not for me.  I  live in Niagara Falls, so good luck with everything!
jamiecatlady5
on 4/7/10 8:47 pm - UPSTATE, NY
Topic: Glens Falls WLS support group APRIL 14th 6pm....TOPIC RELATIONSHIPS AFTER WLS
REMINDER GLENS FALLS WLS SUPPORT GROUP NEXT WEEK April 14th 6pm
Glens Falls Hospital Community Learning Center SIDE B

TOPIC: Your NEW relationships with Family, friends, and coworkers
call 518-962-2615 with any questions!!!
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

100cm proximal Lap RNY 10/9/02 Dr. Singh Albany, NY
320(preop)/163(lowest)/185(current)  5'9'' (lost 45# before surgery)
Plastics 6/9/04 & 11/11/2005  Dr. King
www.albanyplasticsurgeons.com
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jamiecatlady5/
"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections!"
SCARLETTE01
on 4/7/10 2:11 pm - Buffalo, NY
Johanna V.
on 4/7/10 2:07 pm, edited 4/7/10 2:07 pm - New York, NY
Topic: RE: WLS knowledgeable PCP in NYC

My doctor has his own weightloss progam in his offices and actually works with a wls hosptial (Colubia pres hospital in manhattan) in manhattan and he has offices in manhattan and brooklyn lasttime i checked.He knows about all wls and knows about the approval process, he will encourage you to diet but that is because he follows your insurances requirements for the surgery. He also has nutrionist within his offices.

his office number is:212-740-5555 and name is olugbenga dawodu

val28
on 4/7/10 1:35 pm - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
Topic: RE: new in Buffalo
the same with buffalo general...there are preop to post op there

val28
on 4/7/10 1:32 pm - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
good luck to you

SCARLETTE01
on 4/7/10 11:44 am - Buffalo, NY
no questions as of yet, I might have some as thing progress.
I'm on the liver reduction diet now, getting used to being hungry.
The nurse called it "head hunger"......lol
I'm having the bypass, something I never thought I would have.
But, it needs to be done, everything else has failed.
Thanks for the support.
Most Active
Recent Topics