Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 7:09 am - Canada
Why the heck can't I change my avatar?!!!!  I figured out how to shrink it and upload it. But it doesn't change!  It's there, I can see it, but the stooopid hot dog still comes up. 

Went into 'manage avatar'. Shrunk the pic.  Browsed and uploaded it.  But once it is uploaded there is no prompt to switch them out. After this I won't bother you with my silly avatar questions, I promise.  I hate being computer illiterate

Julie

Brandy S.
on 8/21/11 7:11 am - Sudbury, Canada
I see a pic of you , not a hot dog.
Brandyyy  
StevesGal
on 8/21/11 7:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
I can see your picture, not a hot dog.  I had the same problem before.  For some reason, it takes a while for your computer to acknowledge the change, even though everyone else can see it.

Give it a day or so.  Should be fine then.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Heidi S.
on 8/21/11 7:40 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
refresh you page if that doesn't help long out then back in again. I hope that helps

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

PatXYZ
on 8/21/11 7:45 am
I still see a hot dog...?
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/21/11 9:05 am - Windsor, Canada
Your browser (Mozilla or Internet Explorer) will "hold pictures" of avatars already used in its memory.  So in order to clear it and get the new picture (which is there and most of us see) you need to click your REFRESH button.  We've already told you that in a previous post.

The refresh button looks like a little arrow in a circle.  If you are using mozilla it is to the right of the url box (what webpage you are on) and next to the google search box. If you are using interenet explorer it is probably at the top of the page.

It looks like a line curving into the shape of a circle.

Click that a few times and that should get the picture showing to you.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 2:10 pm - Canada
Thanks Dawn! You guys may have told me that but I didn't know how to do it, lol. Now I do and it will prob come in handy a lot. 

Thanks everyone!

Julie

TBIYTC
on 8/21/11 9:16 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
That's a lovely picture!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

lexxiblue
on 8/21/11 10:00 am
RNY on 01/11/12
yep.. that's a pretty hot looking hot dog!!! oscar meyer?? 
flyingwoman
on 8/21/11 10:06 am
When I opened this thread, I saw the hot dogs, when I read your OP, I refreshed. I now see a pic instead.
Most Active
Recent Topics