Day 3 of 21 of Opti Fast

huggers33
on 9/1/11 3:11 am - Windsor, Canada
Hey everyone, just an update. The first day I had Opti Fast I was only able to drink 2.5 shakes, and all of those did not stay down. I was vomitting all day, as well as visiting the toitie often.  I was weak and miserable.
Day 2 went a lot better.  I was able to drink 3 shakes, and a eat a couple of jello's along with my fluids, and I had so much energy I couldn't sleep (I'm a nighter, so I had been up all night).  So I cleaned out my closet of all my larger size clothes, and found good homes for them.  I started organizing my smaller size clothes so the are ready for after surgery.
I also started orgainzing my crafting supplies, so I have something to keep me occupied the next couple weeks, and after surgery.  Packed my bags for the hospital already.
Day 3 is going very well too.  Just drank my second shake, and I must say I really enjoy the shakes.  Especially when I add some flavoured syrups to them.   I got 4 hours sleep in this morning, but now I am wide awake again.

This afternoon, I am going to get my hair done.  Cut, colour and style, so that it is all taken care of for surgery.   Everything seems to be in order, EXCEPT, I don' t have a prep-op date with the team yet.  Should I be worried?
Brenda T.
on 9/1/11 3:40 am, edited 9/1/11 3:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Glad it is going better for you. What flavoured syrups are you talking about, didn't know about that. But then again I am way off of something like that.
When is your surgery date? For a surgery I had (none related to wls) it was a couple of days before the surgery for the prep op

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

huggers33
on 9/1/11 4:43 am - Windsor, Canada
Brenda, I am using Sugar Free DaVinci Syrups.  They add that little extra taste that is needed to make the shakes different everytime to you don't get bored of the same old chocolate and vanilla.
My surgery date is September 22, 2011, in Hamilton, ON.   I was told 2 weeks ago, that someone would contact me soon with the pre op date, so I can make the necessary arrangements for travel.  I will give them until next Wednesday, that is half way to my surgery.
I can't wait for this surgery to happen.  If I feel this good on the shakes, I can just imagine how good I will feel afterwards.
charolli
on 9/1/11 7:56 am - Canada
i have my surgeon appointment Sept 9th, so just getting ready! Where do you purchase the DaVinci syrups from??
huggers33
on 9/1/11 10:48 am - Windsor, Canada
http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca

That is the website I am ordering from.  You can find them  in some of the largere grocery chain stores, but not a good variety.

Good luck at your surgeons appointment, you will be in surgery before you know it.
laura S.
on 9/1/11 5:18 am - London, Canada
Hi,

Just wanted to mention that you should try the chocolate with about 6 or 7 ice cubes and decaff coffee and then blend... they are so good!!!  I actually miss them!  LOL   Never thought I'd say that at the beginning!  Who knew???

All the best!

Laura

Brandy S.
on 9/1/11 6:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
Oh man, sorry you had a rough couple of days
I am on day 4 of my opti, and I Love them.. I dont even need to blend them with ice, but I do when Im home .  I just have some head aches so far.

I just had my pre op appt yesterday, my surgery is sept 26th, Im sure they will be calling soon!
good luck .
Brandyyy  
huggers33
on 9/1/11 6:18 am - Windsor, Canada
I love the shakes.  I think the first day I actually had the flu, and the shakes just intensified the day.  But I knew I had to have something in my stomach.  I have been on shake diets before, and love it. 
I don't put ice in mine either, it is straight up water or coffee or mixture of both, with the powder and some flavouring, to get a variety.
I too started today with the headaches and a bit of dizziness, but I know that it will pass in a couple of days.  I am excited to be on this journey.
I hope they do call soon, as I had to call them a month after I met the surgeon, just to get a surgery date.  For some reason, they don't like calling me and giving me information.  They kept calling my parents house and giving them the information before I would get it.  That really upset me, so I am hoping they don't do that again, as my parents are not home to give me the message.
I don't like knowing at the last minute that I have an appointment in 2 or 3 days, it doesn't give me enough time to arrange transportation for the 3.5 hours drive.
Brandy S.
on 9/1/11 6:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
Lol ya, hopefully they didnt call your parents .
If it were me Id call tomorrow.  Im too impatient.
Brandyyy  
deaker195
on 9/1/11 11:29 am, edited 9/1/11 11:30 am - Canada
Hope it is all improving for you. Coming up on day seven opti. I find that I am lossing weight fast on the shakes. Surgery coming fast on the 16th.

Most Active
Recent Topics