Pouch question

HaroldC
on 1/1/12 10:58 am - Canada
Help, I need some feedback.

I will hit my two weeks post op on Tuesday and so far my weight loss, in my mind, has been exceptional. Since starting optifast on Dec 6th I have lost 32 lbs. My recovery and everything has been perfect. My only concern is that it may be too perfect. I have had no issues with nausea, drinking or keeping anything down.

Going into surgery I did expect to have some rough days a sOre tummy or issues adjusting my quantities. While I am not hungry, I have had zero issues with the amount of liquids I am drinking, is this normal? I find I am constantly drinking, as per doctors orders.

Everything I am ingesting is measured by the letter of the law. Is it normal that I have ad no issues with pain cramping or a painful tummy?

Please help and tell me if I am doing something wrong, if my pouch is maybe too big r if I am just lucky.

Anxious to hear your thoughts thank you!
Harold.

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Monica M.
on 1/1/12 11:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol Harold, i had the same concerns at that stage of the game. no pain, no nausea, nothing. I sometimes thought maybe they just stuck four holes in my belly and didnt mess around inside. Keep doing what your doing. measure everything. Remember that you can't feel full right now, so its very important to stick to measuring.

Monica

HaroldC
on 1/1/12 11:17 am - Canada
Why can't I feel full? Is it because it's liquid only? If drink too much can I stretch my pouch at this stage

Monica M.
on 1/1/12 11:23 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
 the nerves are damaged uring surger. they'll heal in tme . you cant stretch it with fluids .

PatXYZ
on 1/1/12 11:23 am
Liquids cannot cause pouch stretching.
twins4meplus1
on 1/1/12 11:16 am - St Thomas, Canada
If you are following your programs guidelines to the letter and not having any issues so far count your blessings. Don't bend the rules and take it for what it is. Follow the program and you will be successful.
Not everyone has issues.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

HaroldC
on 1/1/12 11:18 am - Canada
Thanks Linda!

samtq
on 1/1/12 11:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
I also had no issues.  Just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

Great work so far!!
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
sillycat
on 1/1/12 1:09 pm - Canada
I am the same but my weight loss isn't as exceptional as yours. I've had no problems with liquid or food. I did go up 1 lb yesterday and another pound today. I just started soft food yesterday. Is the weight gain normal when switching to soft food? Funny tho, I too thought they just made cuts and didn't change anything inside either!!
HaroldC
on 1/1/12 7:48 pm - Canada
I am starting get nervous because I start puree foods tomorrow and from what I ave read this is where many people stall or put on a few pounds for about a week. From what I have rad that is normal and then the weight starts coming off again rather quick. When was your surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics