Finally have my appt with the surgeon!(Long)

northernlight
on 1/14/12 2:28 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Diana! I really appreciate the support & prayers, especially now!

Deb

PatXYZ
on 1/14/12 2:26 am
Good luck! I'm sure the surgeon will be reasonable and that some kind of compromise can be reached. I applaud your determination.
northernlight
on 1/14/12 2:31 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks, Pat! I've always admired your refusal to accept what they tell you & the way you pushed for what you felt was right for you, so how could I do anything less for myself. You showed me that the squeaky wheel really does get the grease in many cases - thanks!

Deb

Robin H.
on 1/14/12 2:42 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 don't give up..... note i had undiagnosed sleep apnea presurgery and it showed up post op on the moniters so really the only difference is you know about yours.  I had RNY on the 14th they just gave me oxygen when sleeping via a mask 

Robin 

northernlight
on 1/14/12 4:07 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Wow - that's a positive note for me - thanks, Robin! Maybe they will do the same for me!

Deb

Leslie W.
on 1/14/12 4:50 am - Cobourg, Canada
So happy to hear things are moving along. They can always give you oxygen post op. Jackson is really nice and easy to talk too. I saw him preop but unfortunatley he did do my surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed for a March date for you

Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
northernlight
on 1/14/12 6:11 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Ah, thanks Leslie! I appreciate you crossing those fingers for me! Believe me, I'd be thrilled with a March surgery date!!!!!!!

Deb

JJ_
on 1/14/12 6:41 am
Hi Deb,

So sorry to hear that you are gong through this!!

Have you tried the nose pillows for CPAP?  That is the one that I use.  Mind you during the surgery, they put an oxygen nose thing on me.  My CPAP sat on the floor too.  I noticed that another WLS patient had oxygen when she was on our floor.  When she walked the halls, she had an oxygen tank on a little cart that she pulled behind her.

Once I was in my room, the respiratory technician came by and used a hospital CPAP machine and put my head gear with nose pillows on their machine.

They had something else to check for oxygen levels (it was a thing that clipped onto a finger and the monitor gave an electronic readout).

Everything will be okay.  I am saying a prayer for you sweet lady.

Judy
northernlight
on 1/14/12 12:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Judy! Thanks for suggesting the nasal pillows, but they won't work for me because I'm a mouth breather so I have to use a full face mask which covers both my nose and mouth - pretty claustrophobic compared to the pillows.  Hopefully they can hook me up to oxygen with a nasal cannula & portable tank if my pulse oximeter (device on my finger, which you mentioned) shows that my levels are too low.
I really appreciate your support and your prayers - it means a lot to me....

Deb

JJ_
on 1/16/12 12:52 am
You can get a chin strap to keep your mouth closed if you used the nasal pillows. 

Anyhow, I am sure everything will go very well for your appointment.  This surgery will improve your health in many facets.

Take care Deb.

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics