Finally have my appt with the surgeon!(Long)

northernlight
on 1/15/12 2:33 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Sue - I really appreciate your support and your positive wishes for a good ending for me! I agree - second chances are what weight loss surgery is all about, isn't it?

Deb

sam1am
on 1/15/12 2:28 am
Wishing you all the best with your appointment Deb.  I get where you are coming from and I imagine that they will find a way to make this work for you.  Maybe get a VSG, as the surgery is quicker?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

northernlight
on 1/15/12 2:35 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the best wishes, Sandy! Yep, that was my thought also - maybe the VSG will be a better alternative for me. I won't mind because I do take quite a few painkillers and other medications. I will mention it to Dr Jackson when I meet with him & see what his thoughts are on it.

Deb

Lynette1962
on 1/15/12 7:38 am - Whitby, Canada
Hi Deb.....Dr. Jackson is very thorough and will talk about options with you.  
If he feels RNY is too risky, he will talk with you about other possible options for your consideration.
It sounds like you are open to other types of surgery - so that is good. 
It sounds like you have weighed the pro's and con's to having surgery - so that is excellent.

You certainly have been through quite the ordeal - all the best when you see the VERY handsome Dr. Jackson. He really is very empathic to patients dealing with obesity and the co-morbidity health issues. 

Keep us updated and try and stay positive....

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

northernlight
on 1/15/12 9:17 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Lynette - thanks for your support - so much appreciated! Yes, I am open to different types of procedures and will rely on the experience of the doctor when it comes to which one is best for me, given my personal situation. I've made numerous lifestyle changes since starting this journey - gave up caffeine, pop, gum, sugar, started a healthier eating regimen, chewing more often,  and drinking lots of water. I've purchased my vitamins and other supplements, my protein powder, SF syrups for flavouring and bariatric surgery cookbooks. I  am ready, in my mind, to get this show on the road so it's good to hear you say that Dr Jackson is empathetic when it comes to obesity. "Course the fact that he's good-looking doesn't hurt either....lol!

Deb

Lynette1962
on 1/15/12 11:41 pm - Whitby, Canada
 Let him know you have made all these changes ....it will help with your case for WLS surgery. 

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

northernlight
on 1/16/12 3:20 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Lynette - that's what I am hoping for too! Let's hope that Dr Jackson sees it the same way & considers it enough to give me the green light!

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics