what do you think?

hjb
on 4/18/12 3:20 am
hey all,

i dont know if this is surgery related but... i'm about a month post-op... out of nowhere i'm having this dull ache in my right rib cage radiating around to my back. it feels exactly like gallbladder pain but i had my gallbladder removed over a year ago so i know it's not that. i haven't eaten anything different or unusual but this is kinda scaring me.

does anyone know what it could be?
Toni B.
on 4/18/12 3:27 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 I had similiar post-op pain. I was told it was my "insides" healing... it is truly amazing how all our muscles are so inter-connected.

That said, never ignore your instincts... because we are not doctors on this site... if you are concerned, definitely seek a professional medical opinion.

But if peace of mind is all you seek, I know there have been many of us when post-op recovery pains that sound very similiar (if not identical) to the pains you are describing.

Don't forget, it takes a LONG time for your insides to heal... a lot longer than we every really realize....

Take Care, and I hope you feel some relief soon...

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

msheavyhearted
on 4/18/12 5:20 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
First of all, if you're having abdominal pain - especially so soon post-op - you should contact your centre. Better safe than sorry.

Second of all, don't discount the pain being gall stone related. Even though your gall bladder is gone, you can still develop stones and they can become stuck in the bile duct. The gall bladder acts as the storage area for the bile that the liver produces. Once removed, the liver simply puts out a continuous supply of bile.

Hope you feel better soon.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Gabygee
on 4/18/12 6:11 am - Canada
i'm going to agree with Heavyhearted.
That definitely sounds like your liver. The location is certainly right for that.

Now, they DID shove it around a bit when they were in there - so it could be residual bruising as it subsides to where ti should be.
But she's right in that any abdominal pain should be reported to the clinic.

hjb
on 4/18/12 6:37 am
thanks all for the responses. i took a nap and the pain is gone. i have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow morning so i'll bring it up then!... unless of course it comes back tonight, might have to head over to the clinic!
Most Active
Recent Topics