Phase 3- Pureed Foods

MelissaB26
on 6/13/12 12:51 pm - Canada
So I've been going through the little booklet I recieved from the class. and I'm looking at Phase 3-The Pureed Foods... and was Just curious as too What meats were the best as being pureed? Or if anyone had anything decent they did pureed that was tollerable..lol
I have a client who eats pureed foods, and most look nasty..lol

PatXYZ
on 6/13/12 2:55 pm
I'm eating a liquid/puree diet right now due to jaw surgery and am finding that any kind of ground meat purees really well. Yesterday I cooked up some ground turkey with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and then pureed it in a blender with veggie soup (it was Chunky, so it didn't need to have water added, but if it is condensed soup just make sure you use equal parts water. It would also work well with tomato soup.), a splash of heavy cream and some grated parmesan cheese (the fat helps it to feel satisfying), and then water as needed to thin it and then heat up a portion in the microwave and save the rest for later. I've enjoyed it a lot for a pureed food!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
msheavyhearted
on 6/13/12 8:38 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I really enjoyed the pre-made roast beef and gravy you buy in the refrigerated section at the grocery story. I believe it's the Maple Leaf brand that was best in stats. I chopped it into about 10 pieces and threw it in my food processor with the gravy. I didn't even heat the whole thing. I just heated the individual servings I kept in the fridge. Here's the one I'm talking about along with the nutritional stats. The sodium is a little high but I've seen much worse.

Maple Leaf Simply SavourTM Beef Pot Roast in Homestyle Gravy

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

heatherp
on 6/13/12 9:13 pm - BROOKLIN, Canada
use a little liquid to help moisten the meat, I loved souvlaki (pc angus,pork or chicken). Bake/bbq it, then puree with tzatziki-yum. Just make sure the meat isn't over cooked.

Feralgirl
on 6/14/12 12:26 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
My aunt made chicken salad puree, and egg salad puree, and those worked well with her. And considering how hot this summer will be, I think its refreshing sounding.
Also pureed beef and beans, my other friend said it was like the inside of a burrito!

RNY Date - June 29th 2012

Gall Bladder out Jan 17 2013

Heathergetbetter
on 6/14/12 12:57 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

Ham salad puree (onions, low fat mayo) was good as was pureed chili, and the previous mentioned egg and chicken salad. I also enjoyed with supper a small low fat pork piece pureed with BBQ sauce and a bit of water, and a side tablespoon of pureed sweet potatoe and a tablespoon of pureed green giant broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
MelissaB26
on 6/14/12 1:14 am - Canada
 Thanks Ladies- this all sounds amazing..specially the chilli :) keep them coming if you have them!! :)

Referral-February 3 2012      
Internist/RN/Dietician/SW APPT- July 17 2012   
Orientation-May 14th 2012      2nd Surgeon Appt.-July 19 2012
Meet the Surgeon-May 23 2012  Sleep Apnea Test-July 19 2012
Gastric Class-June 12 2012       Surgery Date-August 15 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics