Off some of my meds - so happy!

northernlight
on 6/15/12 1:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi everyone & Happy Friday!   Just had to share my great news with you!

I saw my doctor at the bariatric clinic on Wednesday & he was really pleased with my progress so far.  I have been tracking my daily blood pressure readings & blood glucose readings as I have high blood pressure & diabetes & they have dropped dramatically from their previous levels. As a result, he took me off two of my daily high blood pressure pills and reduced the dosage on another pill from 3 per day to one per day! I take a lot of pills each day so this was a great NSV for me. If everything continues so well I will likely be able to come off of my diabetes meds as well in the near future. I am definitely doing a happy dance these days!  I have known Dr Cheung for 20 years as his wife is my family doctor & I've seen him for different problems in the past. He commented that he has never seen me so happy or enthusiastic & I told him that, for the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful! When he asked if I had any regrets I just told him that my only regret was that I waited so long to have this surgery!

Today I have an appt with the dietician at the bariatric clinic so I've printed out my food journal to show her what I've been eating and drinking. I'm sure that she will have some suggestions for me. 

Things are really happening for me, just like they're supposed to - what a great feeling!  Thanks for letting me share my good news with you! 

Deb

DonnaK12
on 6/15/12 2:01 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Congradulations!!

Btrue2u
on 6/15/12 2:33 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
That is fantastic news

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Brenda T.
on 6/15/12 2:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh I'm so happy for you Deb!!! You are doing awesome!!

What an encouragement you are!! Way to go!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 5:40 am
 Deb, it sounds like things are going super for you. Congratulations!
Enjoy all the benefits WLS can bring!
mona8
on 6/15/12 5:58 am - Kingston, Canada
Congratulations, you're doing a great job.  Very encouraged to see that someone who's had VSG rather than RNY who is on the way to becoming diabetic med free....that's my biggest goal, and considering I will likely need to go the VSG route ( due to medical reasons ) I can now see it's possible!!!
JJ_
on 6/15/12 6:01 am
Hey Deb,

Sounds like you are doing soooo well.  Congrats on dropping some of the meds.  I see you have lost 69 lbs too!  Way to go.

Judy
northernlight
on 6/15/12 7:12 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Judy! I've actually got to update my ticker because, as of today, I've lost 72 lbs! Boy, I'm lovin' my sleeve these days! 

Deb

JJ_
on 6/15/12 9:53 am
72!!  Wooohooo.  You are melting away.
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 6:03 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
That's wonderful!!
Most Active
Recent Topics