SPEEDING up the info......

starry957
on 7/6/12 10:03 am
Ok...so I'm annoying - but is there any way I can find out when an info session would be happening that I could horn in on, so I don't have to wait for my "orientation package" to arrive from Humber River?  Is this allowed?  And...where would I look for this info......

Thanks
Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Btrue2u
on 7/6/12 11:18 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
You kinda hafta wait. It has your questionaire in there and  it like 26 pages long and is handed in at that info sesion and it requires time and thought to fill in .....you could call Humber and ask when you will have yours ....  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Leslie W.
on 7/6/12 11:37 am - Cobourg, Canada
You will have to wait. The info session is for the person and their support person. You amy get luckly and find someone who is going alone.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
starry957
on 7/6/12 11:59 am
ok ok....so I will be patient, so to speak

Btrue2u
on 7/6/12 12:12 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Like I said give them a call there was another person on here today that said she called HRRH and got into an info session. ...be proactive call them  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

starry957
on 7/6/12 12:31 pm
Thank you lady!  So, do I just ask? when an info session is available? and then they will hopefully tell me.  Do you register for them or just "show up" with your paperwork in hand?

Kerry

DebColCam
on 7/6/12 1:39 pm - Canada
I briefly thought about trying to phone too, but changed my mind I think I would prefer to have the orientation package to read and to come up with questions for the day based on the info provided. Not in a rush anymore the process exists for reason. Just going to wait it out!
gardeninggal
on 7/6/12 2:02 pm, edited 7/6/12 2:03 pm - Midland, Canada
In my case I was so happy that my referral from my family doctor was accepted.  The day that I received my information package  from HRRH I jumped for joy.  The questionnaire was thorough, valid and  you have to be truthful and honest.  The process is exactly that ......a process.  Hang in and you will have your rightful place in the 'journey'. \Your enthusiasiam is applauded. :o)

Kim O.
on 7/6/12 2:04 pm - Windsor, Canada
I tried it, by going with my friend to her orientation session, and although they were happy I was there, they said I still had to wait for my papers in the mail. In Windsor, they give you an info pack and often your first set of appointment dates at the session, so if you go to one for which you are not formally registered, they won't have paper work for you.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

starry957
on 7/6/12 2:46 pm

ahhh...ok, got it....I will wait, wait I will...lol

Most Active
Recent Topics