ARRRRGH... referral wasnt even finished or sent!

michellealana
on 7/20/12 1:03 am
So, i had to call my doctors office this morning to check on some test results. I have had a bad feeling about this surgery referral from my doctor, but mostly that he would send it to the wrong place as he had stated that he hadnt done this before.
So I ask the nurse this morning about it and she said "Hmmm... it looks like he had started a referral on the 22nd but had never finished it".
Seriously... I am glad I checked in on it instead of waiting patiently for months to no avail.
I am going to go in there armed with the instructions on how to do a referral and make sure I show him and give them to his nurse... politely of course.... but come on.

chipmunk_roasting
on 7/20/12 1:16 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Hi michellealana -- that's a good piece of proactive work;  great followup on your part!

I totally understand the anger and disappointment.

Good for you!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

starry957
on 7/20/12 1:59 am
yep - stay on 'em - all the way

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Btrue2u
on 7/20/12 3:00 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Yup just keep at them ..

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

cheeky_monkey
on 7/20/12 3:16 am - Ottawa ON, Canada
Same thing happened to me.   When I called to see when it went in the office nurse saw that it was completed but never faxed in. Seriously!!  My Dr's office nurse got on him and it finally got sent. But it was a month later from when I asked him to send it.  

It does show that you are your own advocate, that's for sure.

Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics